The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reptile Shows & Meetings
 Reptile Shows/Show Dates
 ok so I went back on my word about donny...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elicia Posted - 25/09/2012 : 12:12:54
Ok so I know I said I wouldnt go back to another reptile show as I didnt like the way the animals were displayed but I turned into a massive turn coat and ended up going on sunday anyway Ive got to say that I think it was just the shock of the first show that put me off, I now realize that the animals may be unhappy for the duration of the show and the tiny tubs with no hides are not ideal, but its usually only for a short time until they are bought and in their happy new homes. I felt much more comfortable this time and I noticed that a lot more of the animals at least had substrate in their boxes and some even had hides with photographs of the snakes on the top. I now think my heart may have ruled my head last time and think I overreacted a little bit

I actually really enjoyed it this time! The new bigger venue is tons better than the dome! Got to say I didnt see that many amazing corn snakes though...it was all about the royal phythons for me there were some amazing looking royal morphs. I held a very erm grumpy thai beauty snake, which I was really happy about as Ive not seen one in real life before. and as an added bonus think I may have convinced my other half that we need another snake he really liked a couple of honduran milk snakes we saw.

In fact saw tons of cool stuff! I really liked those aquatic garter snakes too! alas-due to bee bee needing a new viv I came away empty handed well apart from some plants for percy

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fayesmith666 Posted - 25/01/2013 : 13:06:48
ScalySituation Posted - 25/01/2013 : 12:17:18
http://international-herpetological-society.org/site/ scroll about halfway down
fayesmith666 Posted - 25/01/2013 : 12:15:44
Does anyone know the dates for the 2013 donny shows ?? :) i know they usually have one in june, sept and november but have the actually dates been announced?? :)
Elicia Posted - 25/09/2012 : 22:19:35
thats the guy! I googled him now and no wonder he looked familiar, he did that snakey program that was on C4!!

Serena- ha ha excellent, thanks for the heads up-Im making my first visit to Amsterdam in December!! Can I expect to be scared lol.x
Donnie Posted - 25/09/2012 : 19:48:57
The guy you saw being interviewed was probably Mark o'shea. Did he look like this

http://www.markoshea.tv/
serena_08 Posted - 25/09/2012 : 19:42:44
Your experience of the first and second visit to the shows sounds very much like my 2 experiences of Amsterdam lol.

Bit of a shock to the system first time round, overwhelming scenes everywhere. Knowing what to expect made the second trip much more pleasing!

Moppet Posted - 25/09/2012 : 18:42:54
I thought it was a BBC thingy? I think I remember seeing that somewhere...

I'm glad you liked it this time. I thought it was done very well
Simmy_82 Posted - 25/09/2012 : 18:24:54
Think they were filming for the bbc. Insider/panorama type program.
Elicia Posted - 25/09/2012 : 12:40:23
also - does anybody know what they were filming there? We saw a camera crew and there was a guy interviewing an oldish guy (this may sound stupid but he LOOKED like a snake expert!! he had like safari type clothes on and and white hair and a beard)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000