The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 To router or not to router :p

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LukeW Posted - 16/01/2014 : 13:07:54
Had the wood delivered today for a rack I'm building but I'm not sure weather to router the shelves for the heat cable (the diameter of the cable is 3.5mm thick and 6mm wide) or not, so if I don't router the shelves the rear of the rubs will be raised by 3.5mm which wouldn't make a difference to a 33ltr rub would it?

Don't really wanna make more work if it's not essential :)

Thanks in advance :D
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LukeW Posted - 16/01/2014 : 21:18:02
What size bit would you use, I plan on buying 2 9m swell reptiles heat cable got access to a router at work but only got mahooooosive cutting bits :(
SilverWings Posted - 16/01/2014 : 19:11:45
I know it's not quite the same, but my hatchies are in rubs stacked on top of each other and I ran their heat cable along the back. I does a great job of heating their hotspot but they're only in 10 litre boxes, not sure how effective it would be with larger ones.
paulie78 Posted - 16/01/2014 : 18:16:36
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

I've routered my rack. It worked very well for me. I put aluminium tape over the heat cable which spreads the heat better and makes it more like a heat mat rather than just a line. With the routered bit so the cable is flush with the rack, the tubs sit flush onto it

I did that too after a while though from sliding the rubs back the tapes moved the cables popped up and argh tis a nightmare lol
Moppet Posted - 16/01/2014 : 18:15:09
I've routered my rack. It worked very well for me. I put aluminium tape over the heat cable which spreads the heat better and makes it more like a heat mat rather than just a line. With the routered bit so the cable is flush with the rack, the tubs sit flush onto it
paulie78 Posted - 16/01/2014 : 18:04:06
We routed for the cable on my rack and tbh i wish id just scrapped the plans for cable and used mats instead i extended the rack and have opted for mats on the extension but routing for the cable will certainly make things a bit more streamlined and less fiddly

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000