The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Classifieds
 Herp Equipment
 Wanted, Ceramic & Mat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DJRenegade Posted - 19/03/2017 : 00:48:24
Hey guys,
I dont normally do this, but currently I am out of work and money (hopefully not for long) and I have a bit of a crisis!

Both my ceramic bulb (used for the boa) and heated mat (used for the corn) and mat stat seem to have died within the last 24hr first the mat this morning and then the bulb tonight. I have tested the thermostat (for the ceramic bulb using a regular light bulb) and it seems to be working fine. I had a spare mat stat and smaller mat, I used the spare mat stat to test the mat and that had definately died, I also checked the stat using the spare mat and got no heat, the smaller mat did work in the spare mat stat though. I had enough cash left over from last months wages to buy a new mat and then the bulb died in the evening.

I am wondering if anybody is kind enough to donate a 100w-200w ceramic bulb the poor snake wont have heat for 2 weeks (until my other half gets paid or I come up with some form of plan) and I dont think she can wait that long :(
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 19/03/2017 : 17:06:24
Sounds good :)
DJRenegade Posted - 19/03/2017 : 01:49:54
UPDATE2: Figured out it was a faulty switch on the bulb holder, bypassed the switch and all is working well now!
DJRenegade Posted - 19/03/2017 : 01:19:37
UPDATE: The ceramic bulb just started randomly working. Temps are back to normal, however they are dropping again.

Anyone have any idea what it may be? Maybe the bulb is beginning to fail ? Do they fail like a lightbulb or can they die slowly?

Im unsure as to what it is, but I feel confident that it isnt the stat.
DJRenegade Posted - 19/03/2017 : 00:49:33
EDIT - I dont need a mat, and I cannot edit the topic title now :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000