The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How do you part with hatchlings?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 02/11/2018 : 09:10:19
I knew this would happen...

To all of you who bred your pet snakes ( not a seasoned breeders ) and found it hard to part with the hatchies:

How did you manage? I have 4 hatchlings left - all of them kept for good reason, of course l sold the first 2 to a very good shop, and that was hard. The next 3 were even harder, and l still regret selling n.6 ( Chequers - yes, l made the mistake of giving them names - or rather, they all developed names with time, LOL )

Now, on the last 4, l can't decide who to part with next. I have Bunny - kept her as she's a classic corn ( strangely, l don't have a classic- Twiddie is an Okeetee, and Baz has unusual caramel like colour ) - not Okeetee but very bright with a Bunny rabbit on her head ( and was the very first to hatch :-) )

Next is n.3 - LGBT ( this stands for Little Git Bitey Thing and not the original LGBT #127987;#65039;#8205;#127752;) who has unusually reduced markings, but with lots of black on belly, and is also developing stunning colour ( but bites at any excuse ) .

Then n4 Tabitha ( pretty sure that one is a female - the only one l can tell ) who has really strong Okeetee saddle borders ( as the only one from my remaining 4 ) but strangely not much orange,

And lastly n.9 - Lalaleeshek ( erm... my little niece named him/her ). He is the ugliest, but sweetest and the most curious and active of all of them. He has some funky markings - 3 joined arrow shaped saddles, and a heart shaped marking near tail ( but almost no borders to saddles - how? ) and is very dark ( which l don't like ). I'm quite attached to him, as l thought he'd not hatch. He was days behind the others, l cut his egg but it resealed itself. Then, 2 days later, he made his own cuts, and hatched the day after.

He wouldn't eat for the first month, unless l literally hand fed him, and he had to be held as he ate, but is the best eater now and the first of them to do a full constrict! He'd make the best pet, as h'e's so nosey...

Obviously, l can't keep all 4 ( not when they are adults )
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 02/11/2018 : 14:02:28
It was very hard! But I kind of found it a relief as having 19 of them kept me very busy!
I did have my favourites although managed not to name them
Razee Posted - 02/11/2018 : 09:14:35
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

I knew this would happen...

To all of you who bred your pet snakes ( not a seasoned breeders ) and found it hard to part with the hatchies:

How did you manage? I have 4 hatchlings left - all of them kept for good reason, of course l sold the first 2 to a very good shop, and that was hard. The next 3 were even harder, and l still regret selling n.6 ( Chequers - yes, l made the mistake of giving them names - or rather, they all developed names with time, LOL )

Now, on the last 4, l can't decide who to part with next. I have Bunny - kept her as she's a classic corn ( strangely, l don't have a classic- Twiddie is an Okeetee, and Baz has unusual caramel like colour ) - not Okeetee but very bright with a Bunny rabbit on her head ( and was the very first to hatch :-) )

Next is n.3 - LGBT ( this stands for Little Git Bitey Thing and not the original LGBT ) who has unusually reduced markings, but with lots of black on belly, and is also developing stunning colour ( but bites at any excuse ) .

Then n4 Tabitha ( pretty sure that one is a female - the only one l can tell ) who has really strong Okeetee saddle borders ( as the only one from my remaining 4 ) but strangely not much orange,

And lastly n.9 - Lalaleeshek ( erm... my little niece named him/her ). He is the ugliest, but sweetest and the most curious and active of all of them. He has some funky markings - 3 joined arrow shaped saddles, and a heart shaped marking near tail ( but almost no borders to saddles - how? ) and is very dark ( which l don't like ). I'm quite attached to him, as l thought he'd not hatch. He was days behind the others, l cut his egg but it resealed itself. Then, 2 days later, he made his own cuts, and hatched the day after.

He wouldn't eat for the first month, unless l literally hand fed him, and he had to be held as he ate, but is the best eater now and the first of them to do a full constrict! He'd make the best pet, as h'e's so nosey...

Obviously, l can't keep all 4 ( not when they are adults )

Razee Posted - 02/11/2018 : 09:13:12
Erm... what are all those hashtags after LGBT? I put in a little flag...?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000