The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Competition
 Ideas for compo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/07/2009 : 00:51:17
I thought I'd start the thread off about ideas for compo.
Give lucifer a chance to decide on what to have as the compo, providing it isn't to awkward, and given the time that people have.
I.E, a mouth open one, like we had ages ago could take more than a week for some people, so I think would be to hard.

Anyways, this thread is where to stick ideas on how to have the compo.

• Messages going out to inform people what the compo is, when it starts and how long for.

Add more if you think they'll be useful, then we'll go through them soon.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 24/07/2010 : 15:11:46
unless he forgets! :D
bubba338 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 12:48:06
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 12:07:03
quote:
Originally posted by bubba338

Im very new to this site (hello) is there a competetion running atm or is it working progress? thanks sarah xx

Usually when a competition is set up, kehhlyr will make a thread about it in this section.
bubba338 Posted - 20/07/2010 : 11:52:32
Im very new to this site (hello) is there a competetion running atm or is it working progress? thanks sarah xx
Kazerella Posted - 12/07/2010 : 13:02:21
Can be sorted- Lewy is a graphic designer with a Fine Art degree
Sta~ple Posted - 09/07/2010 : 20:39:18
On other forums when there's like competition/awards some amazing graphic artist normally makes the winner like a little banner or graphic that they out in their signature.
eeji Posted - 09/07/2010 : 19:22:43
meh who needs prizes, bragging rights is good enough a prize! :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 09/07/2010 : 00:21:01
I tend to run the compos, When I remember.
I have a terrible memory and forgot to start it last month, hence why we ended up without one this month.
I've set reminders to start the next one on time though for next month.

As it stands in regards prizes, we do have them occasionally, they could be something as simple as a sticker (custom designed by the winner), or a book of some kind.
I'd like to sort out more regular prizes, but there are a lot of constraints at the moment.
Thante Posted - 08/07/2010 : 22:53:03
haha i do body art as a hobby so the dressing yu like your snake would go well with the naked given a few hours painting haha could even go as far as geting people to dress there snakes up as owners.

summer snakes is cool, get alot of out door things going on. The'll be a lot of happy reptiles around getting to explore outside more. Maby with flowers and fruit.

Who can start the competitions? does one person tend to do it. ... and what about prizes, hadn't even thought about that

Sta~ple Posted - 08/07/2010 : 18:27:22
Snakes and shoes sounds good.

I like the idea of the art one as well but that could take a lot of busy peoples times so many a longer deadline would be needed for that.

I've got some idea! How about like the owner dresses up or kinda wears something coloured themed or something to look like a reptile and they take a photo with that reptile. So basically, your trying to make yourself look like your reptile.

Or the owner gets naked and takes a picture with a reptile?

Since it's summer maybe a summer theme somehow? That might be quite interesting.
Thante Posted - 06/07/2010 : 00:13:49
i don't really know anyone here that well as i have only just joined, but are there other things we could have compo with as well as pictures.
Like is anyone else here arty, there could me be a compo for best artwork, painting or sketch. Or if there are any paints that are safe for reptiles Put them down on a sheet of paper with paint and see what they can make haha (ok slightly daft idea there)

or if you wanted to stick to photos have a theme each month like snakes and shoes, Corns in cars ... ok again daft suggestions of themes but you get the idea
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/07/2010 : 21:04:43
The compo would be on the reptilian, this thread originally got started nearly a year ago.
Then I just keep chuffing forgetting about the compo (old age)
reptiledanny Posted - 03/07/2010 : 20:43:41
would the compo be on here or the reptilian, i like the idea of having the theme unsual places
hillzi Posted - 03/07/2010 : 13:40:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Atomic powered still probably wouldn't work.
However I think the female swedish volleyball team would be most affective, so feel free to send them round to errrr 'remind' me.

But then you'd become to engrossed in them and them thus forget why theyr'e there to see you and then forget what you WERE SUPPOSED to do in the first place.

Your'e a numpty.
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/07/2010 : 13:09:09
Atomic powered still probably wouldn't work.
However I think the female swedish volleyball team would be most affective, so feel free to send them round to errrr 'remind' me.
eeji Posted - 03/07/2010 : 13:00:53
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

That's what I was intending on doing Eeji, but poor memory makes me totally forget to even start the compo again.
I SO need people to remind me about these things.

we need an atomic powered alarm clock!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 03/07/2010 : 00:42:42
great idea eeji just became a member of IV did'nt realise it had a forum! :)
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/07/2010 : 00:33:57
That's what I was intending on doing Eeji, but poor memory makes me totally forget to even start the compo again.
I SO need people to remind me about these things.
eeji Posted - 02/07/2010 : 23:19:29
the monthly competition we run on IV has set dates, eg. opens for entries on the 1st, closes on the 21st when voting opens, then theres a week to vote until the 28th which leaves a few days to contact the winner and gives them time to choose the theme for the following month.
It has worked very successfully like this, except when I forget to close the vote because I've got the memory of a goldfish!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 02/07/2010 : 22:20:55
wot about havin a mixed rep comp and just a corn comp?? 1 @ the beggining of the month 1 @ the end?? and maybe different themes each month and get forum members to give ideas on the themes and whoever running the comp chooses the best idea???

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000