The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Pics of the Bloodreds????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
princessbroxy Posted - 30/09/2010 : 20:52:39
As asked for non flash pics of the Bloodreds??

So Reds or not? they're het for lavender??
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/10/2010 : 12:21:27
quote:
Originally posted by jackdaniels007
Oh okay! That makes sense. Yes the ventrals on my corn Aries looks nothing like this Bloodred that is pictured. The checkers are few and far between.

The snake in the original pic isn't a bloodred, bloodreds have no belly checkers.
kevchandler Posted - 14/10/2010 : 09:05:54
Hi just seen this post The corns that were sold to you at the doncaster show were.

1 male Hypo Het lavender and bloodred
1 Female Hypo het lavender and bloodred

So you have not been sold any snakes with fake Hets.(As stated in your post)

this will also be labled on the hatchling box's you got them in....

regards Kevin

kccorns.....
n/a Posted - 04/10/2010 : 17:33:47
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

quote:

I would say they were Hypo's looking at the belly checkers. Certainly not diffused though, they lack belly checkers.

Okay as you can see by my posts I'm fairly new to corn ownership. What does they term "Hypo" & "Diffused" mean? I have a corn that came from a Miami and Bloodred morph so would that mean he is a "Hypo" and not an actual true blood morph per say? Just trying to get my terminology right. Thanks.

Hypo, is short for Hypomelanistic. This gene reduces the amount of melanin (Black Pigment) that the snake shows.

Oh okay! That makes sense. Yes the ventrals on my corn Aries looks nothing like this Bloodred that is pictured. The checkers are few and far between.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 15:46:35
quote:

quote:

I would say they were Hypo's looking at the belly checkers. Certainly not diffused though, they lack belly checkers.

Okay as you can see by my posts I'm fairly new to corn ownership. What does they term "Hypo" & "Diffused" mean? I have a corn that came from a Miami and Bloodred morph so would that mean he is a "Hypo" and not an actual true blood morph per say? Just trying to get my terminology right. Thanks.

Hypo, is short for Hypomelanistic. This gene reduces the amount of melanin (Black Pigment) that the snake shows.
ryanred5 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 15:43:06
Princessboxy did you get the reply I sent to your email you sent me?
eeji Posted - 03/10/2010 : 18:48:23
definetly hypo, and possibly het diffused. I say possibly because the marker for het diffused shows the same trait as homozygous hypo :S
ryanred5 Posted - 03/10/2010 : 12:17:20
Hi

I'm not sure what Hypo means but with Diffused it means it eliminates the ventral checkered pattern as well as some of the patterning up the side of the snake.

Here is my Bloodred Phoenix and you can see that she doesn't have much patterning on her side and although I don't have pic of her belly, she doesn't have any checkers on it.

Hope my explanation of the Diffused trait helps.

This site has info and pics of all the different colours of Cornsnakes, its a very interesting site - http://iansvivarium.com/index.php
n/a Posted - 03/10/2010 : 08:13:44
quote:

ryanred5 Posted - 01/10/2010 : 05:53:31
I would get in touch with who you purchased them off to find out exactly what they are Hets too, as Gmac says Bloodreds/Diffuseds have no belly checkers plus the pattern disappears up the side of the snake too.

Yours are bonny snakes though, you obviously went for how they looked not for what morph they were.

Just out of interest, if you do want Bloodreds, the breeder I bought Phoenix off still has some hatchlings left, if your interested get in touch with me.

IncurableFlirt Posted - 01/10/2010 : 01:43:44
Actually, Hypo is a morph. Het stands for Heterozygous...and it is a genetic term. When an animal is het for something, that means that they carry a gene that when paired with another of the same creates a visual look. So if you had a het for Butter and a het for Butter...you would probably get mostly Butter Corns. Or if you had a het for Butter and a corn who was actually a Butter, you would get some Butters. Make sense?

If Mytika is a normal (wild type) Corn and her parents were as you say, then she would be het Anery, Amel, Stripe, and Hypo....or at least that is what the Corn Calculator said.
liesela Posted - 01/10/2010 : 00:51:10
I dont understand exactly how the het and hypo parts work - i know its genetics ect but whats the difference between het and hypo?
If Mytika's parents were an amel and a ghost stripe what does that make him? I dont know if they were het or hypo anything :( I dont really mind what he is I'm just curious :)
princessbroxy Posted - 30/09/2010 : 22:46:19
These where bought as a breeding project anyway so if they are both het for bloodred and Lavender I should get a selection from
9 / 16 Hypo 66% poss het. Lavender, Diffused
3 / 16 Hypo Lavender ( Hypo, Lavender ) 66% poss het. Diffused
3 / 16 Hypo Diffused ( Diffused, Hypo ) 66% poss het. Lavender
1 / 16 Hypo Plasma ( Diffused, Hypo, Lavender )
And we've got a Male lavender too so we can see if it's there as well at some point.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/09/2010 : 22:16:52
IncurableFlirt Posted - 30/09/2010 : 22:12:43
Definitely looks like Hypos to me. The only way to prove them het for lavender/bloodred is to breed them to a visual lavender or bloodred (or a lavender bloodred), or to breed them to another het for lavender/bloodred and see if you get any visual lavender/bloodred/lavender bloodred babies. They sure are beautiful, though.
princessbroxy Posted - 30/09/2010 : 21:13:12
Reading the label again could be hypo het for lavender/bloodred so they would be visible hypos???
gmac Posted - 30/09/2010 : 21:08:56
quote:
Originally posted by princessbroxy

OK thanks just don't get why they were sold as bloods i would have bought them anyway as i liked the way they looked so there were no need for them to be sold as bloods...So what are they just little normals??

they do look like normals yes, no such thing as justa normal. they are very nice snakes and you obviously liked them or you wouldn't have bought them that is what really matters, so whats in a name.
princessbroxy Posted - 30/09/2010 : 21:06:22
OK thanks just don't get why they were sold as bloods i would have bought them anyway as i liked the way they looked so there were no need for them to be sold as bloods...So what are they just little normals??
gmac Posted - 30/09/2010 : 21:00:15
would say not bloods, cant see all that much diffusion going on

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000