The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 he's home!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clintham Posted - 08/10/2010 : 23:00:21
im back from holidays and was raring to pick up cassius and bring him home. got him form crazyJJ tonight (thx so much!) and brought him home.

i took a pic so i could measure him, quickly weighed him and put him in his new viv. he was pretty calm, with only a little tail rattling when i went to pick him up - (just for the record 34.7cm & 25g)
i totally expected him to dart off into his hide and me not see him till the 1 week wait was over. well he did dart off - to the darkest corner of his viv then my wife spotted him, climbing up the ivy! i spent the next couple of hours watching him climb & navigate the entire upper portion of his viv. after 30 mins or so he took a massive drink - whilst hanging upside down! it was totally fascinating. my wife and i were totally engrossed.

its pretty hard ot spot him as i packed out his little viv with fake shrubbery. i was going to remove some so i could always find him but but i guess i have a climber so the plants can stay in!

im totally hooked!! its amazing! pics to come
big thanks to crazyJJ & all on TCS
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crazy JJ Posted - 13/10/2010 : 19:00:39
think he was in shed for about 3 days ish but cant remember sowi :D

glad he enjoyin his new viv though :D
clintham Posted - 13/10/2010 : 09:54:12
he does have a name, chosen by my wife - Cassius

seeing him drinking upside down was amazing, thinking about it, it must be hard to drink upside down!

finding him isnt too bad, my led lights help ALOT. i will struggle to get him out a bit i think, but i would rather stuggle a bit and him be totally happy with his new surroundings and be totally unstressed. i will make sure to give him plenty of warning as i go to get him out! i can see him giggling at me as he snuggles in at the top of his cheap vine lol

im hoping he will shed before friday. thats the end of his settling in period. his eyes arent cloudy anymore so im hoping its gunna happen anytime now. dont know how long hes been blue for as he was already in blue when i picked him up from crazyJJ.
Kellog Posted - 13/10/2010 : 03:27:38
At last....the wait is over ! Does he have a name yet?

His behaviour sounds totally normal and that of a confident snake ....immediately searching for an escape route ! Love the fact that he has become arboreal , but I am sure he is down exploring the ground when you are fast asleep. I cant believe you got to see him drink while hanging upside down , lots of owners havent even seen their snakes drink normally.

I did wonder when I saw your fantastic viv set up about how you were going to find him to catch him, know what Silvesta was like when I first got him....used to cause chaos in the viv trying to get him out!

And the fact that he has decided that his favourite place is the cheap plant rather than anything you have spent real money on is typical corn sense of humour !

Hope his shed goes well, no reason why it shouldnt. Are his eyes still cloudy? If not then hopefully he should shed during this hands-off week. If you think this hands-off week is frustrating, you just wait until you have had a chance to get used to handling him and then have to wait for the 48hrs after a feed and the 'blue' period before he sheds if you decide not to handle....took Silvesta over 2 weeks last shed, so 2 weeks without handling him ! Think its even worse when you know what it is you are missing.

xxx
clintham Posted - 11/10/2010 : 16:49:25
i spent so much time and effort planning his little viv. the exo terra hide, the half plant pot, the partition wall, the plants, the stones and wood i brought in from outside (all heat and bleach treated etc) not to mention the cabling! and he decides to live up a £3.89 ivy vine where i can hardly see him

im so glad i installed my led lights. without those i could not check to see him at all!
drchino Posted - 11/10/2010 : 15:39:44
My snake doesn't even bother with her hides anymore! Typical cheeky little things; you spend loads on hides and then they sleep under the vine or in the toilet roll!
clintham Posted - 11/10/2010 : 14:51:21
it was amazing i could see his little cheeks bulging with every gulp!

since then hes been resting/hiding at the top of a vine. dont think he has entered either hide yet. but he is changing ends of the vine so his temps must be regulating ok.

im hoping he completes his shed during his settling in week - and that its a good shed too. not sure how long hes been blue for - any ideas crazyJJ?
drchino Posted - 11/10/2010 : 12:57:00
haha that sounds awesome about him having a drink upside down!
Mort13 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 12:03:13
Lokis just the same,spends most of his time curled up in his plant and then uses it as a way to get onto the lid. Getting used to hearing plops in the night where he's fallen off lol!
Hope you get to have some quality time with him before he goes into shed. Amazing aren't they
clintham Posted - 11/10/2010 : 11:29:14
hes hardly been down from his vines since i put him in. he's probably active during the night lol but im not getting to see him that much at the moment

having all the fake plants gives him lots of places to hide! also if he poops or sheds i may struggle to find it
hes getting ready to shed - will keep my eyes peeled for that!

waiting a week is pants but i will do it for sure. really looking forward to the settling in period to be over!
kdlang Posted - 10/10/2010 : 21:10:05
Congrats hun
ryanred5 Posted - 10/10/2010 : 13:05:41
Glad you've finally picked him up, can't wait to see him.

PS - Hope my sig isn't too big now.
rachiepotatoe Posted - 10/10/2010 : 11:50:47
Congrats :)
he sounds like he can cause mischief !!
can't wait for pics!
HannahB Posted - 09/10/2010 : 21:29:07
congrats on the new arrival
Sta~ple Posted - 09/10/2010 : 16:31:41
Awww that's great news Clinty!
Mort13 Posted - 09/10/2010 : 15:08:41
I'm not sure to be honest. About 2 and a half to 3 months I think..
herriotfan Posted - 09/10/2010 : 09:47:32
It's so nice to know I'm not the only owner to be totally in awe of my snakes!
It's quite amazing isn't it!!!!
Really happy for you....
crazy JJ Posted - 09/10/2010 : 01:16:23
how old is yours?? corns grow at different rates so dont worry to much :)
Mort13 Posted - 09/10/2010 : 00:55:46
Aww,that sounds so cute! My little fella is always climbing his ivy and moving around the lid of his faun (until he falls off!)

Sorry to go off the subject but Loki is about 43/44cm and 14g,is that ok as it seems a lot different to yours?

Sorry if I sound like a worried new mum,but I am!
crazy JJ Posted - 09/10/2010 : 00:13:09
congrats :D

tis ok.. only got home about 5mins before u came :) the wait is finally over n now u can enjoy him :) have fun... best look after him though :p :D
mikeyd_26 Posted - 09/10/2010 : 00:02:04
The wait is over!
congrats :]

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000