The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Couriers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 18/12/2010 : 15:24:26
Hi. Can I ask you all if you have used a courier before to delvery/send snakes.

I have never done this before, never even used a courier before for normal parcels so I don't have a clue how it works.

Who do you recommend?

Do they deliver and collect the same day or is the snake gonna be in transit over night too?

How is the snake packaged.

I am looking to get a snake couriered to me so really need some advice.

Thanks in advance
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 19/12/2010 : 21:28:18
someone used sam the van man to collect some snakes from me and he was useless! i was given a four hour window of when he would arrive which is more than enough leeway to allow for traffic conditions but he was still well over two hours late with no phone call to let me know.

when he did arrive he took the snakes and I had to call him back to ask him if I was to get any paperwork to say he'd collected and got the reply of "uh? ok i suppose so, let me find something in the van"

All in all very unproffessional and I certainly can't recommend his services.
lrv2307 Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:49:17
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Hi. Can I ask you all if you have used a courier before to delvery/send snakes.

I have never done this before, never even used a courier before for normal parcels so I don't have a clue how it works.

Who do you recommend?

Do they deliver and collect the same day or is the snake gonna be in transit over night too?

I am looking to get a snake couriered to me so really need some advice.

Thanks in advance

when i had morgana delivered via TNT from blueliazadreptiles
she was in a small plastic tub with airholes, which was inside a polistyrine box filled with scrunched up news paper and a cpl of heat packs, that was inside a bigger cardboard box filled with shredded cardboard
she was all snuggly warm for her overnight adventure via TNT and arrived still warm and comfy
Sta~ple Posted - 19/12/2010 : 16:59:46
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

Poly box composed of two halves that has a rough mould of the snake or, lots and lots of bubble wrap.
Invalid User Posted - 18/12/2010 : 23:02:19
Thanks everyone.

X
mikerichards Posted - 18/12/2010 : 22:09:05
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/reptile-couriers/622824-weeks-run-update.html
mikerichards Posted - 18/12/2010 : 22:07:40
I'd be surprised if Sam is out of business, that was his main line of work. I know he had problems with his van a while back, but i cant imagine that its not sorted yet.
You could also try Steve, tarantulabarn, i will try and find a link for him.
herriotfan Posted - 18/12/2010 : 20:26:15
I tried to get hold of www.samthevanman.com and he never returned my calls, replied to my emails and never answered his phone. I was later told he had probably gone out of business and was no longer doing courier work.
lrv2307 Posted - 18/12/2010 : 18:24:04
just an addition

found this guy on line, via another reptile forum, read the compliments the guy gets

will try his services, as TNT cost me £45 to get morgana home

http://www.samthevanman.com/index.php
lrv2307 Posted - 18/12/2010 : 17:17:04
Hiya Louise
yep had my morgana delivered to me via courier, TNT are DEFRA cirtificated, and she arrived, all snuggled warm, not a prob, and was next day from the breeder
she was a bit thirsty when i got her home (she got delivered to my work address, but had somewhere warm for her to go)
the guys at work went either eewww or aawwww lol

but no, TNT are very good with live animal deliverys
Figs Posted - 18/12/2010 : 15:52:38
I've used a couple of them

Most are just delivery things, so the packing and whatnot is down to who you are getting the snake from.

Mew came in a little plastic box with airholes (obviously), a little hide and some aspen.
Margot the crested gecko, Duchamp the leopard gecko and Felix came in a box with some bedding inside another box stuffed with newspaper.

I guess times and whatever depends on who you use, but most pick up and deliver the same day

I cant remember who delivered Duchamp and Felix, but i used the Reptile Taxi for Margot and Door2DoorDave when i got Mew from Doogle.
'Emasmad' from RFUK is bringing me my beauty snake tomorrow too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000