The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 baggy skin royal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Benji54 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 15:54:35
i know there is a site for royals but it wont seem to let me join so thort id ask here first...

i have an apprx 2 y/o male royal python. he started to show the initial signs of a respiritory infection*, so ive treated it and its all better now (after maybe 3 days). He is well into a shed-cycle (eyes are both completely clouded) but his skin, as well as the normal loss of hue has gone a bit saggy. he is drinking, the humidity is perfect and he is eating well, just wondered why this could be? he seems happy/normal in every other way.

*this was just a hissing, not the usual popping sounds, squeaks and open mouth associated with R/I so it was either VERY early or he was just p!55ed off lol! hoping he's ok, hes my first snake (and secretely probably my favourite )

any advice would be great!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 18:42:14
no problem
Benji54 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 18:19:55
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

i just checked,you are on the members list for the royal site,might just take a while to process,keep trying.

all sorted now! ive got accounts on all 3 sites that apply to me now! never been on any kinda herp forum so its been a good day

thank you, btw
Benji54 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 17:53:13
i didnt recieve an email, no. signed up to the rainbow boa one fine tho :) ill try the royal again in a minute.
I think it might be a shedding issue as the two things (baggy skin and cloudy eyes) seemed to have happened in exact correlation to each other and as he still seems active and happy...well touch wood, he's cool! cheers bud
lee2308 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 17:52:55
i just checked,you are on the members list for the royal site,might just take a while to process,keep trying.
lee2308 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 17:50:45
did you recieve the confirmation email from the royal site? try logging in anyway.I expect its just down to shedding or is she empty?
Benji54 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 16:37:25
thanks inkygirl

i think i will try feeding him tonite (he is due a feed) and then see how he is after his shed...i'll keep you posted :)
Inkygirl Posted - 23/12/2010 : 16:25:37
hiya i am NO expert at all lol. But my royal python female Lexi has just come out of her eyese being blue and her skin is a bit saggy/loose around her neck too. Maybe a sign of ready to shed is all I can think of.

x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000