The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reptile Shows & Meetings
 Reptile Shows/Show Dates
 who's attending doncaster show this year

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smiffy89 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 13:28:27
cant wait for donny show this year i know its ages away yet but really excited as last year i missed it due to family reasons.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donnie Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:30:21
Well there is a big que already back to the carpark and it doesn't start for another 15 mins
paulie78 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 23:35:13
you really cant miss me im the size of a house haha will be wearing a blue/white short sleeved shirt with an iron maiden t shirt and looking like a fish outta water lol as its my first show
Donnie Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:25:56
I'll be there wearing, erm jeans and a dark top and looking rather like most of the other people there :) I will have to look out for a tall bloke, a brunette with Joe pasquale and a girl with pink high tops and an addidas top. Should be easy to find :)
QueenVic Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:09:26
Lol, I'll look out for you both.
Ill be wearing pink converse high tops and probably an addidas jacket.

My mates bailed on me so im going with my mum and brother (just got his first house and im trying to convince him to get a snake)
Lixra Posted - 16/06/2012 : 21:50:34
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

Full steam ahead have spoken to a handfull of breeders all whom have been told its business as usual thats good enough for me !! i shall be there tomorrow so look out for the big dude (6'5ish) in a blue shirt and an iron maiden t shirt trying not to draw attention to myself come and say hello i promise im quite pleasant in nature despite my size haha

Any Iron Maiden fan is a friend of mine!

I will be there as well, hauling around a reptile newbie I've converted! Just look for a brunette standing near a bloke that looks like Joe Pasquale lol
ScalySituation Posted - 16/06/2012 : 17:42:50
im broke :P

i literally have about 67p :P
Donnie Posted - 16/06/2012 : 17:40:28
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

there's still hope for the sept show for me, but it doesnt look very likely :( was really looking forward to it as well

Get working on your parents now to get them to drive you up tomorrow instead
ScalySituation Posted - 16/06/2012 : 16:57:57
there's still hope for the sept show for me, but it doesnt look very likely :( was really looking forward to it as well
paulie78 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 16:20:15
Full steam ahead have spoken to a handfull of breeders all whom have been told its business as usual thats good enough for me !! i shall be there tomorrow so look out for the big dude (6'5ish) in a blue shirt and an iron maiden t shirt trying not to draw attention to myself come and say hello i promise im quite pleasant in nature despite my size haha
ScalySituation Posted - 16/06/2012 : 09:59:08
does this give hope for the sept one too?
Dancross0 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 07:34:44
http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/5/Animal-Protection-Agency-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_136234.aspx

The APA use lies and propaganda to further their cause. It's such a shame that they get caught out...
Elicia Posted - 15/06/2012 : 23:07:05
ha ha they are removing comments and blocking people from the FB page at the speed of lightning. I just cant understand why they would publish an outright lie like that! their PR person must be retarded!

mkmattyk Posted - 15/06/2012 : 22:42:09
I see that they havent posted anything on there website yet... Lol ( the APA) went on to gloat lol
Dancross0 Posted - 15/06/2012 : 20:40:54
quote:
Originally posted by Percy

hang on im confused! I thought that they had 'won' ....APA have announced on their FB page that the sale of animals will still be prohibited?!

Beliving the APA. Tut tut tut.

They used their 'facts' for a Lush advertising campaign that was taken down by the ASA...

Elicia Posted - 15/06/2012 : 20:22:57
hang on im confused! I thought that they had 'won' ....APA have announced on their FB page that the sale of animals will still be prohibited?!
Elicia Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:52:35
good news! I would have been very disappointed if it was cancelled. there isnt going to be nutcase campaigners outside though is there??!
Mnementh Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:27:31
Yeah its great news , will be there bright and early Sunday morning :)
paulie78 Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:22:42
good news ..
I am very pleased to inform you all that the IHS Breeders Meeting will be taking place this Sunday as scheduled.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support it is very much appreciated. I will post more information in due course but I want to keep it short and sweet for now as I want, no need a beer, or three.

Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Sunday.

Regards,
Chris

Open Letter to:

Michael Hart, Chief Executive - Doncaster Cultural Leisure Trust
cc Jo Miller, Chief Executive - Doncaster Borough Council

Re: International Herpetological Breeders Meeting 17th of June 2012

Dear Michael,

Further to our correspondence of yesterday, as you are aware the case was heard today in the High Court of Justice Chancery Division, London this afternoon and I have just been informed the injunction has been granted. Documentation will be served upon yourselves shortly.

It is with deep regret that we had to resort to such action and we firmly believe that this was only necessary because of the intervention of third parties. Although a cost ordered has been awarded against Doncaster Cultural Leisure Trust, the Federation of British Herpetologists will not seek to enforce this.

The International Herpetological Society Breeder’s Meeting will now take place on Sunday the 17th of June as planned and I fully expect this to be an enjoyable day for all concerned. Clearly some fanatical members of Animal Rights organisation will be dissatisfied and it may be prudent that we discuss additional security arrangement in view of this.

Our solicitors have served formal notice on Doncaster Borough Council with regards to the legality of the event, and out of courtesy I have forwarded you a copy for your own information.

There have also been completely unfounded allegations of animal welfare issues and in order to ensure that the highest standards are maintained several months ago we commissioned Tim Wass MBE to conduct an independent animal welfare inspection of this year’s event. Mr Wass was, until recently, the Chief Officer of the RSPCA and has an unrivalled reputation in his field, with an uncompromising approach to animal welfare standards.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Newman
Chairman Federation of British Herpetologists

15th June, 2012 @ 18:28

cc Knights Solicitors
Rt. Hon Rosie Winterton MP, Doncaster Central
Rt. Hon Ed Miliband MP, Doncaster North
Rt. Hon Caroline Flint MP, Don Valley
Peter Davies, Mayor of Doncaster
chrisc Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:09:11
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/reptile-shows-breeder-meetings/859330-ihs-show.html
QueenVic Posted - 15/06/2012 : 19:00:37
quote:
Originally posted by dam

Will there be a meet up this year?

So who else is going to the Sunday one?

and are we meeting up or wearing tcs tees?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000