The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Donations needed to keep our websites running

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazerella Posted - 16/08/2011 : 22:39:33
Hi All,

Just letting you all know we now have a donate button on the home page of the main website www.thecornsnake.co.uk

We are hoping a few donations may make the burden of server and running costs of the forum more manageable. At the moment in time we are currently paying nearly £200 a month to keep this and our sister sites up and running. Unfortunately due to the economic climate we are finding it hard to keep financing this out of our personal funds. While we strive to keep this forum free to use and with no annoying advertisements on the forum pages, we can only do so with the help of our members.

If you enjoy using our forums or find the information on this website beneficial, please consider making a donation.

Many Thanks
Kazerella & Lewy
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
serena_08 Posted - 25/08/2012 : 18:34:15
I wasn't aware of the donate either, but was kindly informed by a generous member who sent me a stat and mat (OZZIESMUM) who said to donate instead of paying her. Now I know I will be making some regular donations. Advice on this site is amazing, thanks to all.
RSF Posted - 25/08/2012 : 17:48:25
Donation made. Its a small payment for the expert advice given. Thank you.
marlin Posted - 11/05/2012 : 17:48:25
I can't believe I have been using this site for help and advice now for the best part of a year and hadn't noticed the donate button. Very embarrased.
However I have now put that to rights and sent my first contribution to the cause - thank you so much for the service you provide and please keep the ads away as long as possible - I don't have a problem with adverts but I do have a problem when they slow everything down - and they always do on my steam powered pc!
kev 5 Posted - 06/05/2012 : 00:12:35
will donate on pay day
Katie.Dublin Posted - 05/05/2012 : 11:41:46
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

What about a title, like a years membership, under like 'fully grown corn/ mite whatever have 'honourory member' or something/ , maybe even get a certificate that can be printed ourselves, so no cost to site?

I had suggested that in Katies thread about her fear of spiders, we sponsor her to handle one, she said she would give maybe it a go !!!

JUST NOTICED THIS. DON'T MAKE ME.......

Unless there is gonna be SERIOUS sponsoring :P
QueenVic Posted - 05/05/2012 : 01:31:25
I love the calendar idea!!
gmac Posted - 04/05/2012 : 20:26:17
the forum was created for folks to get and ask for information for free, with all the information readily available on the internet and our own facebook page, olks wont pay a member ship fee. ;)
cobweb251 Posted - 04/05/2012 : 20:19:49
I think the calendar is a great idea especially a pic competition for each
month, make them downloadable and at a price. We can print ourselves.

I think a meberahip fee is a good idea as well make it free for the first two weeks so newbies can find out to leave the snake alone for the 7 days and then they have time to ask questions when they can finally get them out. only has to be a couple quid a month.

QueenVic Posted - 04/05/2012 : 16:11:23
I have a job in the pipeline (fingers crossed) and will be happy to make as big a donation as I can.
This site is the most helpful site for corn owners by far!!

I had no idea it was all out of your own pocket either, well done, and I'm sure almost everyone who uses regularly will donate!

I liked the idea someone had about The Corn Snake merchandise! great idea if it's feasable.
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/04/2012 : 18:04:38
quote:
Originally posted by 343guiltyspark

I'm only 11 so I don't have a credit card to pay with or anything.

You dont have to pay, but if you did want to, you could ask a parent, but we wont be mad or mean to you if you dont!!
343guiltyspark Posted - 28/04/2012 : 17:16:19
I'm only 11 so I don't have a credit card to pay with or anything.
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/04/2012 : 17:04:55
What about a title, like a years membership, under like 'fully grown corn/ mite whatever have 'honourory member' or something/ , maybe even get a certificate that can be printed ourselves, so no cost to site?

I had suggested that in Katies thread about her fear of spiders, we sponsor her to handle one, she said she would give maybe it a go !!!
Georgina Posted - 26/04/2012 : 10:55:50
Could me make a text this number ############ to donate ?1, so then we can just text as many times as often. X
cobweb251 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 10:41:40
just donated as well
cobweb251 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 10:37:25
good idea mamma
ScalySituation Posted - 26/04/2012 : 10:22:31
maybe if breeders have extra large clutches they could sell a coupla hatchies for donations for here
Mamma Posted - 26/04/2012 : 09:58:31
bumpity bump. *cha-ching* donated this morn xx
mkmattyk Posted - 17/02/2012 : 12:52:35
im out of ideas...
gmac Posted - 17/02/2012 : 12:03:10
The bosses wanted a site that all members can use to get information freely, having a members only area goes against this concept, and I would agree with that there is no need for a members area this site is not cliquey however add a members only area and you could end up that way unfortuantely.
mkmattyk Posted - 17/02/2012 : 10:28:32
my original idea wannacornsnaketeen was it wasnt compulsery, but to offer people a higher set of prevlidges at a price

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000