The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 hide for snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayclk Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:08:49
hi all
any of you that have fully grown corns what sort of things do you use as hides other than the ceral box paco has at the monent which is a bit of a squeeze for a 5ft corn
Pic if possible
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 02/01/2013 : 15:13:23
I have a piece of large corkbark for my 2 and they both fit under it with extra room lol, both over 5ft long as well XD
spikeynikki Posted - 02/01/2013 : 12:29:51
I have one of these for my adult female who is over 4ft. It's brilliant and.at about £4 an absolute bargain!
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/01/2013 : 22:19:53

Sorry, meant to put up the pic of it, and say that when hide is split, snake feels more secure, so even a big corn can have one, or a hamster size igloo for a diddy hatchling
Jayclk Posted - 01/01/2013 : 20:37:20
Thanks very much moppet it has given me a good idea of the size
Ill go have a look see if I can get a couple local :)
Moppet Posted - 01/01/2013 : 20:05:40
Here we go, photos of Kali's hide as promised

Kali is only 3ft9 so quite a small adult but she takes up less than half the space inside the hides.

I had considered putting balled up paper or something inside them to make them more snug for her but she seems to like them just fine as they are The 'roof' of the hides is lower at the back than the front, which I think makes her feel more secure.

Photos for size reference

Moppet Posted - 01/01/2013 : 01:16:33
Yeah, one at each side is a good idea for an adult snake too so that your snake doesn't need to choose between hiding and regulating their temperature.

I like the guineapig igloo idea, if they are big enough they would be cheaper than my current hides
Jayclk Posted - 31/12/2012 : 19:30:48
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Get the guinea pig igloo, it splits in half, half for each side, loads colours too

ooo sounds cool ill go look them up now
thanks
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/12/2012 : 19:15:28
Get the guinea pig igloo, it splits in half, half for each side, loads colours too
Jayclk Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:51:49
do i still need one at each end for a fully grown ?
Jayclk Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:51:18
quote:
Originally posted by Jayclk

quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

I used a cereal box for Kali for a while but she's only a little adult, about 3ft9. She now has the large exoterra reptile hide and she loves them There's quite a lot of space left with her in them and you can get an extra large if the large isn't big enough. I'll try to get some photos later on, need to charge the camera first.

thanks moppet a pic would be loverly if poss at some point

ah yes cat ltter tray maybe a option if moppets hides arnt big enough
Jayclk Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:50:30
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

I used a cereal box for Kali for a while but she's only a little adult, about 3ft9. She now has the large exoterra reptile hide and she loves them There's quite a lot of space left with her in them and you can get an extra large if the large isn't big enough. I'll try to get some photos later on, need to charge the camera first.

thanks moppet a pic would be loverly if poss at some point
Georgina Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:15:21
Cat litter tray with a hike cut in c
Moppet Posted - 31/12/2012 : 18:15:12

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000