The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrsbunt Posted - 12/03/2013 : 12:50:41
Hi I have just noticed Sheldon is in blue, his last 2 sheds were quite bad and I was just wondering if misting his tank and raising the humidity would help. Obviously I don't want to cause any harm to Sheldon by doing this so any advice at all would be great.

Thanks
Lindsay :)
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mrsbunt Posted - 16/03/2013 : 20:53:55
so pleased it was intact and he didn't need intervention. I was staying up as late as possible as I knew he was gonna shed went to bed around half 12, hubby came up at 1.45am and said Sheldon had shed, wee toad
Hissyfit Posted - 16/03/2013 : 17:07:42
Good news
mrsbunt Posted - 16/03/2013 : 10:52:19
well Sheldon shed at 1.30am and it was his first complete shed all I did was mist the warm side once a day from when he was in blue and it helped loads!! thanks for all the advice given
mrsbunt Posted - 12/03/2013 : 22:55:59
I did mist the warm side this morning as I read through the sticky about shedding and it said it was ok to mist. I only gave it 2 wee sprays and like you said Razee it was dry within an hour. will try it with misting this time round and see how he gets on, his past 2 sheds have been fairly poor and he has needed assistance. I just want to make it a wee bit easier for my wee man. thanks for all the advice, it all comes in handy when you're just learning and is very much appreciated :)
Razee Posted - 12/03/2013 : 19:29:04
I do mist when mine are in blue, but only the hot side ( and sometimes the snake if it sits on the hot side), and very lightly, once a day. Reason being, my snakes don't tend to use moist hide ( though I still offer it ), and the room humidity has been very low recently with all the heating on etc. The warm side is completely dry again within hour or so.
herriotfan Posted - 12/03/2013 : 15:33:24
A damp hide as suggested is good. Also you could pop a damp flannel on top of the hide in the warm end and move the water to the warm end.
mrsbunt Posted - 12/03/2013 : 13:03:32
thanx will try that instead :)
Georgina Posted - 12/03/2013 : 12:58:27
Add a damp hide in the hot end. It will allow his to soak. Misting will just make the whole viv wet x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000