The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Cyrus' first ever strike feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LukeW Posted - 24/03/2013 : 12:20:57
So today was feeding time (cue voodoo music) for cyrus and i thought id see if he had gained any confidence and trust in me and decided to see if he would take the food from the tweezers (he did it before but was hiding in his hide so didnt really see it) any way long story short he made me jump at but i stood there and let him take it, he did this with both pinkies!

Its my birthday tomorrow and i couldnt have asked for a better present than to get to feed him from the tweezers and get to watch him eat.

Sorry for rambling on but im actually feeding very proud at the mo :)
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LukeW Posted - 25/03/2013 : 11:19:46
I will try :)
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 25/03/2013 : 10:34:47
Doesn't sound sad at all hun, you just have a great day, whatever you do
LukeW Posted - 25/03/2013 : 10:28:42
Thank you and not really Fi just had a mcdonalds breakfast and might go out later buy some plants for cyrus' faun for him being a good boy (sounds sad but oh well :p)
Kellog Posted - 25/03/2013 : 09:25:17
Happy birthday Luke . Hope you have a great day.

I totally understand about you feeling that Cyrus striking, and with both pinkies , is the best birthday present you could have. I also understand how he made you jump, because it does catch you unawares....even when they've done it a few times!

You have every right to feel proud and often we can only share this sort of thing with people on here, because people in our real lives just look at us as though we're crazy when we tell them how great it is that our snake struck, or even that our snake ate if it hasn't for a while....I talk from experience .

As for the rambling bit....have you seen my comments ??!! Your 'rambles' are nothing compared to my essay length posts, which I'm legendary for .

Have fun celebrating today.

Xxx
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 25/03/2013 : 09:02:35
Hope you have a great day hun, got anything planned (that you can share with us on here! )
LukeW Posted - 25/03/2013 : 08:55:20
Thank you guys :)
Blackcat Posted - 25/03/2013 : 08:29:27
Congrats on the strike feed and Happy Birthday
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 25/03/2013 : 04:12:13
Happy Birthday LukeW , hope you have a great day
LukeW Posted - 25/03/2013 : 00:40:07
Thanks and im guessing march is your birthday too? :)
Moppet Posted - 24/03/2013 : 20:31:09
That's fantastic! Happy birthday for tomorrow March is the best month to have a birthday

smart bunny Posted - 24/03/2013 : 19:31:26
Yay go Cyrus! Happy birthday for tomorrow Luke :)
LukeW Posted - 24/03/2013 : 17:03:05
Thank you mrsbunt!
mrsbunt Posted - 24/03/2013 : 14:13:07
aww that's fantastic, Sheldon has only ever struck once it was amazing to watch. oh and happy birthday for tomorrow
LukeW Posted - 24/03/2013 : 13:50:42
He was grumpy the other day and tagged me and i was scared about that but it actually doesnt hurt or even break the skin just so happy hes not such a shy eater after all
herriotfan Posted - 24/03/2013 : 13:01:16
Well done Cyrus, that's a very good boy.
Please don't apologise for 'rambling' (which you're not) because it's always great to know how chuffed and proud we get. I sometimes think only other snake owners could possibly understand. Then I feel sorry for the people not sharing our joy and enthusiasm.
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 24/03/2013 : 12:30:21
That is fantastic news LukeW

Sounds like Cyrus is definitely getting one confident little boy for sure!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000