The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Viv Pictures & Idea's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welshlamb Posted - 11/09/2012 : 10:57:11
I thought I'd start a post. Would be interesting to see the variation in peoples set-ups and creativity.

Also may help others and give them inspiration for their own set-ups.

Anyone got any pics of their vivs?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 08/12/2013 : 17:59:27
Can't remebr if I have posted updates viv pics so here it goes
8's viv

Jinx's viv

Jeff's viv

Loki's viv
Virtual Chocolate Posted - 11/11/2013 : 19:25:20
This is my 3 month old corn setup

Vince_the_snake Posted - 09/11/2013 : 17:00:58
Vince's viv recently upgraded

Charles Posted - 09/11/2013 : 13:50:20
No the plants are fake - they are from Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/decoration/20492/
littlemisschocolover Posted - 09/11/2013 : 10:55:20
my finished home made viv, he loves the corner hides,

code removed by Kellog
littlemisschocolover Posted - 09/11/2013 : 10:46:45
Charles are the plants in the pots real??? and if they are what are they ???
Charles Posted - 03/11/2013 : 17:31:23
Rosie's final viv. I added a shelf which she seems to love. There is now also some Ivy over the warm hide on the left as it was quite exposed.

gmac Posted - 10/08/2013 : 00:08:08
Blue light

Welshlamb Posted - 10/08/2013 : 00:04:48
Wow! I'm truly impressed with the variations of layouts, hides and other decor. I cant believe how big this thread went since my initial starting post. Love seeing how spoilt all our Snakes are. Keep them coming people.

Thank you - to anyone who's ideas I have used for my vivarium's.
greenow Posted - 10/07/2013 : 12:19:00

Just need to move light over to the left
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 21:02:39
Seems simple but as she's still a baby i keep it slightly minimal so she wont get lost!
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 21:02:06
Lets try and re-upload this picture shall we -
This was Mo's set up before the clean out this month. Each time i clean out i rearange the lay out so she has new things to explore ^^
Slinkey23 Posted - 21/06/2013 : 20:56:18
Went through all 7 pages and ive got to say theres some great vivs in there! Very inspirational
Kellog Posted - 21/06/2013 : 20:35:45
Where did you get the straw boxes from?

Xxx
jenjen23 Posted - 21/06/2013 : 00:09:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Wonderful set-ups . You've both had such original ideas.

It's very interesting seeing the 'shelves' in your snakes RUBs Nexivred. I know how much my snakes like to climb and it offers yours that extra space having another level.

I love the little straw house Jenjen and the bamboo.

I can't help you I'm afraid Charles. It would be better if you made your own thread in the Corn Snake: General Keeping Information section. I'm sure there will be others who can advise you on how to go about replicating the Monkfield set-up in Rosie's final viv.

Xxx

Thanks!

I put a shelf in Lunas RUB, she kept sitting around the rim of the lid then falling off in the middle of the night lol. I really like having the straw boxes, they both use them to lie on and in, and they are great as a substrate-free feeding platform also
Kellog Posted - 20/06/2013 : 13:14:19
Wonderful set-ups . You've both had such original ideas.

It's very interesting seeing the 'shelves' in your snakes RUBs Nexivred. I know how much my snakes like to climb and it offers yours that extra space having another level.

I love the little straw house Jenjen and the bamboo.

I can't help you I'm afraid Charles. It would be better if you made your own thread in the Corn Snake: General Keeping Information section. I'm sure there will be others who can advise you on how to go about replicating the Monkfield set-up in Rosie's final viv.

Xxx

jenjen23 Posted - 20/06/2013 : 10:52:41
I don't think i've added mine here yet

Basil's faun setup, he was in there until he was nearly a year old.

And his viv, he's been in for a couple of months. It is about 3.5x2x2.5ft (self-build), so will hopefully do him for life. We also built a matching unit for underneath which you can just see in the pic, perfect storage space for all snakey bits and pieces. He is always out exploring now and loves watching me (viv is in my bedroom), nosey!

Luna's RUB, 35L. She was only in there for about 3 months as I didn't like having to keep my room temp really high to give a good ambient temp, as she only had a heat mat in there.

She is now in a viv too, moved in a couple of weeks ago. It is quite a lot smaller than Basil's, it is a vivexotic reptistax, was on sale so I went for it. Hopefully it will last her a couple of years and saves me lots of money on heating bills! She is still pretty shy but slowly seems to be getting braver, I keep seeing her lying across the top of the straw box. She is eating fine also so I think she is settling in.

Both are heated by ceramic lamps, guarded of course, i'm using habistat pulse stats to regulate them. I've also changed to repticard for the substrate, They both seem to like it, Basil burrows just as much as he did in aspen, and it is so much cheaper.
Charles Posted - 19/06/2013 : 18:54:42
At the moment Rosie is in a 24" monkfield but I am starting to think about her final viv. One of the nice things about the monkfield is the glass panal underwhich you place the heatmat. I was wondering about replicating this in her main viv by modifying the base of the unit or adding a false bottom. Any thoughts?
NexivRed Posted - 17/06/2013 : 23:11:35
All of mine have just been given new houses Worked on them most of the evening to give them nice areas to explore, and they were received very well!

This is little Hexus-Dave in his new RUB. It's a 9L and he'll be in here for a while. Because he's so small I've not given him much substrate. Instead he has a nice firm foam shelf, and on top two little tower houses with a shelf above for arboreal expeditions .

Bats is in a new 50L clip tub I got from Staples. You can have it so only one side of the lid opens which is great for putting them away safely. I'll be using these in the future when I need to buy new ones.
I made him a little cave/shelf out of some polystyrene that he gets to via his log, and you can see I wrote his (full) name in air holes lol.
He's hiding cos he's in blue, but he did have a little (blind) explore before he went back away.

Clementine is in the same size clip tub. She also has a polystyrene cave/shelf with a nice branch. She's been all OVER the place inside her tub It's great to see her out and about because she just never left her hide when she was in the 3ft viv.
She also has her name air hole'd on her lid

Little Nebula has moved up from the 9L RUB to an 18L RUB. She's got a little rock wall that leads up to a nice high shelf. It's resting on some mini white desk legs from IKEA (I need to sink some screws in to fix it properly). She's also been out and about climbing her leaves etc which is nice, cos she also hides away normally.

By the way, the black thing you can see under her water bowl is a weight plate. She actually has three in her viv totalling about 4kg so her RUB can't be moved easily by my cats. All the snake tubs have them (normally hidden under the water bowl), and because Dave's so small and his RUB is tiny, he has a big one hidden underneath his shelf.

Very happy with my new snakes' homes. Just got a spare thermostat and RUB waiting for a new Donny addition!
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 17/06/2013 : 22:05:27
Sorry Kellog its just a facebook link. not sure why it wont work. As far as i know my page is public :s sorry

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000