The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding fine then shedding a few hours later!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hayleylsl Posted - 11/07/2013 : 19:24:29
I knew Boris was in blue as he goes dull in the week leading up to him shedding, and as he has no problems eating when he is about to shed gave him 2 pinkies earlier this afternoon which he struck and and ate fine- I went to have a bath and in the time it had taken me to have a bath he had shed! He usually goes very dull a few days before he does shed, but was still pretty bright in colour so I didn't think he was about to shed so fed him as usual...he shed in one complete piece and is now in his hide at the warm end of the tank as he is usually when he has been fed.

Do I have to worry about regurgitation or anything like that because I fed him when I did?

I will be keeping a close eye on him and am a bit worried I did the wrong thing.

Thanks,

Hayley
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hayleylsl Posted - 14/07/2013 : 22:05:05
Wow!!
AcidicAngel Posted - 14/07/2013 : 20:54:31
He should be fine Cereus once ate whilst shedding lol. It was late and I had defrosted the mice and was tired so I put Sakana's mouse in, she ate it happily. Gave Cereus his without taking too much notice and he ate it. It was only while he was in the middle of eating it that I realized he was in the middle of shedding and he continued to shed while eating lol.
hayleylsl Posted - 14/07/2013 : 20:44:59
Thank you everyone for answering another of my questions :-) Boris didn't regurge and is fine
coxymk2 Posted - 12/07/2013 : 22:44:38
Have got 2 in shed mode at the moment they have just eaten as normal I don't think they would let me get away with not feeding them lol
Kellog Posted - 12/07/2013 : 11:09:19
I'm sure Boris will be fine Hayley. As Moppet has said some snakes do eat when blue and others don't. Boris obviously falls into the first group .

IF he does regurge, which has been known to happen with snakes fed close to shedding, it isn't a major problem. You'll know why it's happened and you just need to leave him for 10 days before you feed him again. I doubt this will happen but it's worth being prepared.

I'm glad he shed so well....and trust him to do it in the short time you were in the bath so you missed it !

Xxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 12/07/2013 : 00:29:35
Kellogs is 50/50 if she will eat in blue or not, she gets offered the mouse though
Moppet Posted - 11/07/2013 : 23:03:14
Don't worry about it, he'll be fine. Some snakes choose not to eat when shedding but all of mine will still eat (even when just about to shed like your Boris) and it never does them any harm
herriotfan Posted - 11/07/2013 : 20:03:23
No problem, don't worry.
He'll be fine.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 11/07/2013 : 19:30:25
Both mine eat during shed, i wouldnt worry about it :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000