The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 my daughters new 8 foot viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
moognmo Posted - 26/08/2013 : 13:58:33
just thought that i would show you the new viv that i built for my daughters 8th birthday

plans

cuting out and my little darling

the finished article

i will post some pic of her in her new viv in a min (the snake not my daughter)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
moognmo Posted - 10/03/2014 : 20:59:25
Thanks for all the great replies this is a link to the second part of the story

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30983

so you can see how things are going

we are about to extend the small viv at the bottom, as fido is getting bigger quick now so we feel he needs a bit more space

I have just picked up 2 more glass doors and another air vent just got to get a couple more bits and peices together so I can do it all in one go

we arnt taking out the support between the two lower boxes instead cuting holes and instaling tube bridge type things to make a cave type enviroment in the left hand end
mark143 Posted - 14/09/2013 : 22:09:07
Wow that looks amazing!
rockroyal Posted - 14/09/2013 : 17:24:32
Very nice viv congrats
glitter_grrrl Posted - 14/09/2013 : 16:44:38
that is a fabulous piece of work! I will definitely be showing this to my wife - she loves DIY and would really like to build our next Viv for Anouk!
Razee Posted - 05/09/2013 : 22:11:28
That's enormous, your daughter doesn't need to get the snake out for handling, she might just as well get in the viv with it! :-) OR - you could divide it into two, and get another corn snake :-0
smart bunny Posted - 05/09/2013 : 20:57:02
Wow, that is HUGE!! Very impressive :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/09/2013 : 01:37:39
Seriously incredible
mjpeters Posted - 03/09/2013 : 23:20:19
This is a major awesome viv/bedroom storage/desk space/child pacifier Is that a Snow AnaCORNda?
a33272 Posted - 03/09/2013 : 20:48:35
quote:
Originally posted by moognmo

it is on its own spur so that it is independant and isolatable

and she dosent realy like me using the dining table to do these types of things but she wouldnt let me build a garage in my back yard so its her own fault if you ask me hehe

hahaha fair play an well serves her right them lol doesnt she know men need sheds and workshops to escape too
moognmo Posted - 03/09/2013 : 19:57:35
it is on its own spur so that it is independant and isolatable

and she dosent realy like me using the dining table to do these types of things but she wouldnt let me build a garage in my back yard so its her own fault if you ask me hehe
a33272 Posted - 03/09/2013 : 13:18:21
is a cracking size. is ya daughter planning to sleep in there too lol.

mind you the person hoovering up doesnt look best pleased at the mess haha
a33272 Posted - 03/09/2013 : 13:17:14
quote:
Originally posted by moognmo

thanks its heated by a heat mat between two ceramic tiles for ground heat and a bar heater built into the back at the top ( its at the back right with plants either end) that is controled by a digital thermostat (you can see it in the back right of the last few pic ) conected to a contactor ( high volt relay) that is why i built it with a din rail consumer unit like what you would have as a fuse board in your home this way when i want to convert the storage into further vivs all i need to do is add more trips and contators onto the din rail and put roomstats in the diffrent areas to get individual controlls all in the same place to make life simple

like i said i am just about to build one that may even be bigger for a pair of bearded dragons if youlike i can post pic of all the wiring, what i have used and detailed plans for building

this whole project cost less than £150 i couldnt go buy a 2 foot set up for that so it is well worth the 2 weeks working 4 hours a night on this after working 11 hour shifts at work

is this wired into a ring main or a seperate spur off main house cunsumer unit?
Freddiesmum Posted - 03/09/2013 : 10:57:51
This. Is. Awesome.
moognmo Posted - 28/08/2013 : 17:15:32
the glass is 4mm each payne and i got some upvc tracking from wickes and mounted it betwwn 3 peices of trim all glued together 2x peices or door arcitrave and 1 peice of door stop (the bit the door closes on to)

Welshlamb Posted - 28/08/2013 : 08:38:53
Hi,

Really good job, Just out of interest how thick is the glass and I see you routered the wood, what size piece did you use.
lupi lou Posted - 27/08/2013 : 16:34:03
That is awesome!! very lucky snakie, I really like the slate hide looks fab
moognmo Posted - 27/08/2013 : 02:10:49
thanks its heated by a heat mat between two ceramic tiles for ground heat and a bar heater built into the back at the top ( its at the back right with plants either end) that is controled by a digital thermostat (you can see it in the back right of the last few pic ) conected to a contactor ( high volt relay) that is why i built it with a din rail consumer unit like what you would have as a fuse board in your home this way when i want to convert the storage into further vivs all i need to do is add more trips and contators onto the din rail and put roomstats in the diffrent areas to get individual controlls all in the same place to make life simple

like i said i am just about to build one that may even be bigger for a pair of bearded dragons if youlike i can post pic of all the wiring, what i have used and detailed plans for building

this whole project cost less than £150 i couldnt go buy a 2 foot set up for that so it is well worth the 2 weeks working 4 hours a night on this after working 11 hour shifts at work
Redware Posted - 27/08/2013 : 00:34:10
That is very cool, I want one!
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 26/08/2013 : 20:56:15
OH my giddy aunt :o that is awesome! jealous ¬¬
Donnie Posted - 26/08/2013 : 16:59:02
great looking viv and all that space below that can be converted when new additions come

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000