The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Eggies :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 11/04/2014 : 13:01:35
Yay!

Day 14 after her prelay shed (she likes to keep me waiting...day 18 last year) and Kali is laying

Looking good so far, in the very careful peek (to check if she had started laying as she's been sat in the lay box for two days with no signs) I saw at least 7 fertile eggs, not an infertile one in sight yet!

Photographs to follow when she's done

Hopefully Titan did a better job than Apollo did last year and we get less dudds and more fertile good eggs.

This will be a Normal het Amel Diffused Charcoal x Hypo Diffused het Anery Pied ph Amel Charcoal. It will also prove whether Kali (the female normal) is a very nice normal or a hypo. Looooong wait yet until those little pippies start showing their noses
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 17/04/2014 : 20:04:06
Candled the suspicious looking eggs and I see veins! The shells seem a little different to the others, thinner perhaps? Hopefully they'll last the distance...

Candling wise, it looks like all the ones I checked are good at the moment. I didn't check them all as I try not to disturb them too much, I just have a quick look every week or so whilst they're 'cooking' to make sure humidity etc is good.

Fingers crossed 55-60 days to go and counting...
kev 5 Posted - 15/04/2014 : 16:01:47
Congrats, very nice size clutch. All the best with them
Moppet Posted - 12/04/2014 : 15:16:12
Thanks guys I thought she looked exceptionally big this year but I wasn't expecting quite this many eggs!

They're all quite small (they would have to be, for her to have to many!) and have some imperfections on the shells etc but I'll candle them in a week or so to see how many of them are good.
Razee Posted - 12/04/2014 : 11:40:13
26! I wonder if that's a "Corn snake forum" record !

Well done, Kali, and congrats
Mort13 Posted - 12/04/2014 : 09:12:01
26!!!! Bloomin' Nora!! Well done Kali, enjoy a well earned rest now. Fingers crossed for all the eggs
Redware Posted - 11/04/2014 : 23:28:21
Wow what a lot of eggs!

Best of luck with them.
Moppet Posted - 11/04/2014 : 23:02:50
Thank you. Yeah, she's only quite little for a corn snake as well! She laid 22 last year but the male wasn't as good and only 12 were fertile. 8 of those hatched. Hopefully I'll get a few more hatchlings this year
Vince_the_snake Posted - 11/04/2014 : 22:54:34
Hope all goes well for you! 26 eggs
Moppet Posted - 11/04/2014 : 22:42:38
She's done

Posed for a photo of the last egg too...

The grand total was....*drum roll*....26 eggs!!!!!

All 26 look fertile too! Although there are two which are slightly darker in colour that I'm not confident about (in the middle right hand side on their own in the next pic)
Set up for the incubator (I did put more sphagnum over the top, and the lid on, before putting them in)

Just a loooooong wait now to see if they hatch. Fingers crossed!
Moppet Posted - 11/04/2014 : 16:19:38
Haha, what a coincidence! Thank you
Mort13 Posted - 11/04/2014 : 15:21:51
Oooh exciting times. There must be something in the air today!

Sounds like you should get some beauties in the clutch. Hope all goes well

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000