The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Deaks1457 Posted - 24/04/2014 : 23:19:51

Guys my Sydney is approx 3 months old now and my friend has his/her brother or sister. He feeds his Snake one pink on a Wednesday and one on a Saturday. I only give Sydney one pink every Friday. What do you guys think? Should I do as my friend does? Should I give Sydney two pinks every Friday? I'm unsure what to do and just want what is best for my little buddy!!

Deaks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Deaks1457 Posted - 26/04/2014 : 12:15:09
Thanks SilverWings!!

I'll try Sydney on two next Friday then after around 4 weeks I'll move him/her up to a Fuzzy.

Deaks
SilverWings Posted - 25/04/2014 : 23:44:32
If there's no bulge when the pinky has gone down, by all means offer him a second. You can give him two for a few feeds, then try a fuzzy. Just be careful, when I buy fuzzies they come anywhere from 5-9g, the bigger ones might be too much early on. If you buy a few it might help to weight them and start with the smallest.
Deaks1457 Posted - 25/04/2014 : 13:08:54
As you can see Sydney has almost the same girth as the pinks now!
Deaks1457 Posted - 25/04/2014 : 13:04:39

Sydney eating his pink! There is no bump as the pink goes down. Should I keep Sydney on one pink or try him on two next week?
SilverWings Posted - 25/04/2014 : 11:14:10
It's personal choice lol, my babies get fed every 6 days. My adults get fed when I feel like it (i.e. when I look at the calender and go, huh, guess they should have some food now...)
Red123 Posted - 25/04/2014 : 07:00:06
Every 7 days is fine. I have always fed every 7 days, even hatchlings as it was just easier for me to remember, lol.
Deaks1457 Posted - 24/04/2014 : 23:55:45
Thanks Redware! I can't weigh Sydney whilst I'm in camp but I read the part that said if he/she shows no bump he/she may take another but only when the first pink is 3 quarters of the way down! Sydney is approximately 3 months old so I think I'll try him/her on 2 pinks. Also it says feed every 4 to 5 days and I've been feeding him/her every 7 days. Is this ok or should I switch to every 5 days?

Deaks
Redware Posted - 24/04/2014 : 23:28:58
Hi Deaks.

There is a great guide to feeding here,

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27833

As it says its a rough guide but it should help.

How often you feed and what you feed will depend on the weight and size of your snake.

Two feeds a week is a lot, but it can be ok to double feed if they are not ready for the food size up.

Check the post and hopefully it will clarify!

Hope that helps

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000