The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Bruno not fully shed !

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mart78 Posted - 14/05/2014 : 19:19:25
Bruno is my 9 month old Anery corn. I have had him 6 weeks. He shed for the first time 2 weeks ago. There is a piece of skin on the tip of his tail about 3 cm long that has not shed off. I am concerned that if it does not fall off that it may cut circulation off. Please any advice to this novice .
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mart78 Posted - 15/05/2014 : 22:16:58
Great advice and excellent link, i'll try bathing his tail later. Much appreciate your support. Thanks again
Kellog Posted - 15/05/2014 : 08:30:43
My concern is that the retained tail tip has been there for a couple of weeks already so it may be hard to remove. Before you try to remove it I'd suggest you try to rehydrate it by putting him in a small tub with a damp flannel for a bit. Then try what's been suggested. Also checkout the 'Retained Tail Tip' section here - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12296

It's vital that you don't force it and you may have to accept that it won't come off. It's better to do that than risk causing damage by tearing the scales under the retained shed. IF you can't remove it, it isn't the end of the world. He may lose the tip of his tail but it will be barely noticeable.

It's worth taking note of the suggestions given, in the thread I linked you to, of how to increase the humidity when he's blue to hopefully stop this happening again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Xxx
tk72 Posted - 15/05/2014 : 07:01:49
Cola retains her tail tip most sheds so I use warm water in a tea towel and gently squeeze her tail as she passes through. Comes of after a couple of passes through the towel.
mart78 Posted - 14/05/2014 : 23:39:45
Ok , thanks for that. , I'm sure Bruno will appreciate a wash ! Cheers
coxymk2 Posted - 14/05/2014 : 19:37:08
Mean't to say Bruno
coxymk2 Posted - 14/05/2014 : 19:36:12
Get a damp facecloth or something similar and have slide through it when you handle him and it should come away

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000