The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 SHE'S BACK!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SilverWings Posted - 17/06/2014 : 20:46:36
I am jumping for joy right now, Boots came home! I've been out all day, came in, faffed about for a bit downstairs, then went upstairs and saw her at the top. She stared at me, I stared at her, then I scooper her up in glee. She didn't seem too unhappy and she doesn't seem to be in a bad state. She seems to have lost some weight and is a bit de-hydrated (not surprising in this heat) so I've put her in a rub on the babies shelf so I can keep a close eye on her. She's had a drink, going to offer her a small fuzzy later if she still seems perky.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SilverWings Posted - 05/07/2014 : 11:43:15
Oh no, people are awful :(
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/07/2014 : 00:21:22
quote:
Originally posted by SilverWings

Stolen ones? You had some stolen?!?

I hate to post this link, as it had me in tears the first time, howsomeone could that just makes me sick.
Although one had escaped and was caught eating the neighbours knickers ages later made me so happy and really laugh, i was always waiting for the report the sick bleepers were caught http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28375
SilverWings Posted - 04/07/2014 : 23:31:09
Stolen ones? You had some stolen?!?
lupi lou Posted - 04/07/2014 : 21:35:54
So glad to hear she has returned and had a meal
angriesthedgehog Posted - 01/07/2014 : 23:22:23
aww fab news! Im still foolishly hoping any of the stolen ones turn up missing as one did earlier this year! (lost for one year!)
Redware Posted - 29/06/2014 : 22:57:53
Yay, glad to hear this.
Razee Posted - 27/06/2014 : 12:40:33
Ha ha, don't worry, her attitude may well return, as she puts more condition on :-)
Boomslang Posted - 25/06/2014 : 23:14:50
Yay,glad you've found her safe and well :)
SilverWings Posted - 25/06/2014 : 13:26:52
Thanks ^_^ She's gone back into a viv now (doors firmly blue-tacked shut), and is very blue, she seems to be doing just fine. I dare say she seems to have lost a little bit of her attitude whilst away :o
CriminalNails Posted - 25/06/2014 : 12:59:21
That is such an awesome post ^^ I am SO HAPPY for you!
Dave786 Posted - 21/06/2014 : 11:09:15
Glad to hear Boots is back safe and well.
SilverWings Posted - 19/06/2014 : 08:34:06
Doesn't *look* like she's eaten at all, she has definitely lost weight. Not sure how much, haven't wanted to stress her out by putting her on scales, but her body shape is comparable to Luna after she laid 19 eggs. Her neck is very pronounced and her spine is visible, although I wouldn't say she's emaciated, just a little on the skinny side. Having said that, I did see a mouse running in the back garden the other day, perhaps they were driven out by her o.O It was much too big for her to eat though.
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/06/2014 : 00:00:17
Maybe she had eaten all the mice since you did find droppings, she did you a favour then came back! Hope her eyes will be ok after shed
SilverWings Posted - 18/06/2014 : 19:23:36
Thanks guys :) She seems to be doing just fine today. I think she's due a shed, she looks like a chocolate cali in person which is usually an indicator for a shed for her.
The only plausible thing we can think of is that she got under the floorboards, then holed up under a cupboard at the other side of the house. She was very warm when I picked her up and there are hot water pipes that run through there. There's a cavity in the cupboard wall, and a vent hole that's missing the cover. The cupboard was left open all day yesterday when we went out, and I picked her up literally 2 feet from it. I guess something drew her out of the vent hole and out of the cupboard. She hasn't lost that attitude but her eyesight seems a bit off, I wonder if she's shed and retained the eye caps. She did have trouble with the last shed before she went on holiday. Her eyes don't look cloudy, so I'll wait for the next shed and make sure everything comes off okay.
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/06/2014 : 17:23:42
YAY!!!!!!!! Sooooooooo pleased for you!!!!
Kellog Posted - 18/06/2014 : 08:45:21
What brilliant news !! I'm so glad she's ok and hasn't suffered too much from her 'adventure'. Again another escape story to give hope to others with missing snakes .

Xxx
Mort13 Posted - 17/06/2014 : 23:44:05
Oh wow, what fabulous news! So so chuffed for you. Glad she's eaten for you too
SilverWings Posted - 17/06/2014 : 22:31:18
Even better news, she just wolfed down a fuzzy mouse and wants more o.O Still got an attitude on her lol
SilverWings Posted - 17/06/2014 : 22:15:52
3 months to the day o.O I can't quite believe she's back, I kept having very realistic dreams where I found her, but always woke up, i had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't asleep. Keep looking at her to check. It's surprising, she's smaller than Rosie and Red who are 10 months now, Boots is about 18-20 months.
Razee Posted - 17/06/2014 : 22:10:14
Wow, how long has it been ?

Maybe she's had enough of adventure, and handed herself in, in exchange for feeding :-)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000