The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I'm an idiot o.O

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SilverWings Posted - 13/07/2014 : 17:26:39
I went to feed the babies last night. No sign of Checkers in her box. I panicked, pulled everything out, but I knew she wasn't there. The lid wasn't latched properly. I searched the shelf they're on, searched high and low but of course she's tiny. I couldn't find her.

I slept fitfully, feeling so guilty, it was my own fault she got out. I searched again this morning but nothing. I was resigned to another snake gone walkies for 3 months.

Then the flatmate came home. He picked up a towel and went 'oh, there she is!' and lo and behold, Checkers, coiled on the floor. I picked her up and yelled at her for scaring me (she didn't look too concerned). Now she's in her box with something heavy on the top. I feel like such a moron for letting her out, especially after Boots got out.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bertie Posted - 20/07/2014 : 22:32:31
When I can't find Stanlee in her viv I immediately check that the vent covers are still in place lol can't settle until I've seen her !
mrmagicpants Posted - 14/07/2014 : 13:01:09
It's so easily done.
Linguene's viv wasn't closed properly on Sunday. It was only my partners daughter seeing him climbing out that we were lucky enough to catch him.
SilverWings Posted - 14/07/2014 : 11:14:23
The stupid thing is I *have* been overly cautious about checking them, not sure how I let this one slip. must have been tired, I changed their water just after midnight o.O
lupi lou Posted - 13/07/2014 : 20:15:30
So glad you found her, your now going to be so neurotic about checking things!
SilverWings Posted - 13/07/2014 : 18:57:59
I was very lucky :/ I wish all my snakes were like Diego, I let him mooch around the lounge for ages and he always takes himself off home when he's bored. I know he's not going to go missing if he gets out. Plus he's huge and orange, so hard to miss.
Razee Posted - 13/07/2014 : 18:14:21
Phew, I felt so awful, when I started reading the first few lines... every keepers nightmare! Lucky her outing wasn't too long :-) Naughty Chequers :-)
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/07/2014 : 17:28:43
Tsk tsk, you were lucky!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000