The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 substrate

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalep2006 Posted - 16/08/2014 : 00:21:30
Not been on for a while but nagi is coming on well. Will try and get some up to date photos on in next week or so. She is still putting on weight nicely and shedding well and is now on large mice. I have always used aspen bedding and fed her out of the viv in a feeding box and never had a problem until about 6 weeks ago. She just wasn't interested in feeding in the box even if left alone and covered for a while. I thought i would try feeding her in her home and put her back in the viv and I tried to put the mouse on a large lid so it was off the aspen but as I lowered the mouse in (with feeding tongues lol) she zoomed out of her cave and struck the mouse and coiled around it in about 0.000005 seconds. Now she was coiled round it off the lid and there was several pieces of aspen on it. Luckily she uncoiled and I was able to clean off the mouse. The next few times she has fed straight off the lid no problems. Tonight she has struck the mouse on the lid then dragged it into her cave. As far as I could see the mouse was clean but im scared to death shes gonna eventually ingest some aspen. I am going to change it all over this weekend and just want some advice on what to use instead please if anyone can help. Thanks. Dale :-)
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 24/08/2014 : 20:13:32
that was the route I went down tried the sample then ended up with the 17kg bag, that lasts me a year doing 2 3ft x 1.5ft vivs and putting some in with the gerbils. I kept one of the sample bags (once it was empty) and use that as a refill.
Dalep2006 Posted - 24/08/2014 : 12:31:46
http://www.reptilebedding.co.uk/Sample_Pack/p1685644_7879578.aspx

ordered this at £5 and free shipping couldn't resist :-)
piebobs71 Posted - 21/08/2014 : 18:34:25
word of warning,if you order the sample pack of repticard its huge,i was expecting a shoe size pack and got a bag the size of a washing machine lol
Dalep2006 Posted - 18/08/2014 : 19:18:08
Thanks peeps :-)
Snakeysal Posted - 17/08/2014 : 23:18:24
Lignocel is amazing - so easy to spot clean and they love burrowing through it.
yalovit Posted - 17/08/2014 : 18:51:53
I use beech chips with no problems
lupi lou Posted - 17/08/2014 : 11:15:22
I have mine on repticard and have had no issues with it, I like the look of it too along with it being really absorbent.
Dave786 Posted - 16/08/2014 : 08:56:28
Lignocel they love burrowing through it and is apparently safe if they ingest a bit because its softer than aspen.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000