The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help with a heat mat.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jennas Posted - 02/09/2014 : 07:53:34
Sorry I feel sooooo silly.Hi I have just got a monksfield viv and I am having trouble fitting the heat mat I can't get the hole mat in as it has the plastic clip on the heat mat where the plug runs. Is it ok to have it sticking out. Trying to up load a picture but it's not letting.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 02/09/2014 : 13:54:33
Don't worry, it' something I'd do as well... the mods will move it if they want to :-)

Yep, leave the polystyrene under the bottom glass, that way it reflects all the heat back up, so all the heat is going into the Viv, and you have no wastage. I really like those vivs, the top glass pane heats up nicely, it's warmest over the mat, but slightly warm further, so it gives you a bit of temperature gradient. The mat is safely out, so no worries about the snakey flooding it, no thermal blocking...all you need to do is to make sure the stat probe stays on the glass, over the mat.
jennas Posted - 02/09/2014 : 08:06:20
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

It's ok, that bit always sticks out, as long as the mat is between the two glass panes, that's ok :-)

You are in the stickies section, btw :-)

Thanks I feel so silly. Yeah the mat is in between two bits of glass and under the glass there's polystyrene and then the base. Do I leave the polystyrene there as well?
Razee Posted - 02/09/2014 : 08:02:38
It's ok, that bit always sticks out, as long as the mat is between the two glass panes, that's ok :-)

You are in the stickies section, btw :-)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000