The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 Official Leopard Gecko Intro

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 05/09/2014 : 13:26:31
So I thought maybe I should introduce all our gecko's lol.

I will say now that as you can tell by these photo's I generally tend to try and use natural light for photo's of the gecko's but occasionally accidents happen and/or I can't get a natural light photo.

First up, Zara.. This girl is a big confusing mess of genetics right now lol. She was bought as Blood x G-Project. Now, what that means has me lost. Blood from what I can tell is Hypo? And G-Project just means she came from the line.. So visually, Hypo? Or something else?

To see if she carries any hets or is anything polygenic we have bred her to our male(below) and have two eggs in the incubator.

Next, Zeus. This is our male Sunglow RAPTOR het Blizzard. He's got one full red eye and one half? Snake eye? Not sure of the terms but one is not full red lol. Flash photo of Zeus was because I wanted a nice picture of his odd eye and it was night time, he didn't even flinch and just carried on like nothing happened.

(I know it looks like I'm holding him tight but I'm not, he settled like that)

Last is Persephone(Perse for short) our Diablo Blanco. This little gorgeous girl has two full bright red eyes though she rarely shows their true colour when it's daylight as it's too bright for her. She was bought at Donny in June this year. Flash photo of Perse was by accident. My room was suposedly too dark to take it without automatic flash. She didn't even seem to realize.

Annnd done lol.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 27/09/2014 : 17:53:02
First two eggs are due to hatch any day now So excited!! Can't wait.
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/09/2014 : 20:36:33
Hope all goes well with the eggs
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/09/2014 : 22:03:57
Well the forum is showing that Kellog replied to this, the last reply I see is Lupi Lou's?

Anyway, so we have the four healthy eggs from Zara x Zeus and now Zara is preparing number 5 and 6 for us
lupi lou Posted - 19/09/2014 : 20:31:00
Exciting, not sure what's worse waiting for them to lay or waiting fir the eggs to hatch!
AcidicAngel Posted - 14/09/2014 : 01:27:40
Thought I'd update you all, we now have four eggs from Zara as she laid her second clutch this morning

Yeah, you're not the only one trying to get your head round the morphs! xD
lupi lou Posted - 13/09/2014 : 22:33:22
Shows how much attention i was paying to his video, i knew it was one of his lines
am still trying to get my head around all the morphs
AcidicAngel Posted - 13/09/2014 : 00:00:06
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

lovely leos , not heard of blood with the leos, G project is working on green colouration think it's one of Matt Baronak's lines. I'd say visually he's a hypo.
Zeus has a snake eye which is a trait of the eclipse,
I have some lovely Tremper sunglow girls if you want another girl friend for him ;-)

From what we can gather, Blood is a selectively bred Hypo. G-Project is not working on greener gecko's It is called the "G-Project" after Gatorade not Green. It was Matt of SaSobek Reptiles that created the line and he explains it all in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcOyczbIjk&list=UUiN4Hn5XG_AniJyEFHusDkA
The reason for test breeding Zara the G-Project cross with Zeus is because further back in the G-Project line there was RAPTOR and a few other genes he carries so we're seeing if any of those prove out. Visually, she would be more than Hypo. She's not the right colour to be just Hypo. So we'll see what else comes out of her eggs

quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

I just love their faces, just gorgeous

Thanks They are so cute lol.

This is Zara now, looking big and ready to lay her second clutch soon.
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/09/2014 : 23:03:49
I just love their faces, just gorgeous
lupi lou Posted - 11/09/2014 : 19:36:59
lovely leos , not heard of blood with the leos, G project is working on green colouration think it's one of Matt Baronak's lines. I'd say visually he's a hypo.
Zeus has a snake eye which is a trait of the eclipse,
I have some lovely Tremper sunglow girls if you want another girl friend for him ;-)
AcidicAngel Posted - 05/09/2014 : 15:59:07
quote:
Originally posted by Freddiesmum

Awwww they are all gorgeous Looove Zeus!

Zeus is a funny boy lol. He comes out, climbs up on to my shoulder and then sits and grunts at me! XD
Freddiesmum Posted - 05/09/2014 : 14:26:44
Awwww they are all gorgeous Looove Zeus!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000