The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I must be mad, but new addition coming

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 24/09/2014 : 19:32:13
Eermmm... I may have just completely accidentally reserved a little hatchie... a butter motley! Long story...

In a way I'd normally not consider - from a certain chain pet store... but - most of you know my obsession with yellow snakes. Butter motley, or a gold dust has been a top of my wish list for many years. I kept looking at various adverts, but knowing I'm not allowed more snakes, and also all of those for sale being a bit of way away, I always stopped myself.

I went to buy a reptile mag this afternoon, and some treats for my old cat, that's been a bit poorly recently, happened to look at the snake section... and this sweet and gorgeous and minute butter motley hatchie came to the front of his tub, and looked straight at me! Not only that, he also has perfect markings, and showing lots of yellow already! Here he was, in the shop right on my doorstep!

Sometimes, you just feel like things are meant to happen. So, I reserved him there and then. They also have a caramel striped motley female I'm soo tempted to get... but I have to think about where the vivs are going to go, when they are grown up, so it will probably just be the sweet little butter chap...

Was a bit worried about how to break the news to my hubby, but he isn't even that mad at me! Wow.

I have to wait for 3 days ( and have to show the shop 3 days correct and stable temperature readings in his set up - no probs, as I have all the equipment from when my snakes were little ). I just hope they will let him go, I'd rather he was home with me now then in the shop. I can't wait...so

3 SLEEPS - if I'm lucky

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 06/11/2014 : 07:55:14
Getting that first feed out of the way is always a relief .

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 30/10/2014 : 08:53:21
Awesome!!
hopeful_corn_owner Posted - 28/10/2014 : 20:11:50
Nice one Razee! Lovely colour and morph of snake :)
Julia x
Razee Posted - 30/09/2014 : 20:55:00
YAY!!! He fed! Decided to try, as he was last fed on Wednesday last week. Waited till it was dark, dropped the tiniest ever pinkie under the kitchen towel ( where he's been hiding ever since he settled ) - and just saw him nosing at it - and left him to it. 10 minutes later, no pinkie, and one teeny shoelace with a massive bump :-)
Razee Posted - 28/09/2014 : 22:52:34
That's a shame, she was gorgeous... and that's exactly the pattern Squidwood has got, too :-)
eeji Posted - 28/09/2014 : 14:12:07
yes, I had to drastically downsize so she went to a new home along with her fella, a caramel motley het amel. This is her...

Razee Posted - 28/09/2014 : 09:48:50
Yellow's good :-) What happened to her, eeji, have you sold her?

Lupi lou, our chain store isn't too bad, either, I think it all depends on the people working there. They even made hides for some of the hatchlings out of cut up cardboard boxes, when they didn't have enough. I would have preferred to buy straight from a breeder, but when I saw Squidwood there, I just had to have him :-). The good think is, all the animals are one price, so if there happens to be a good morph, you can get a bargain.

The lady in the shop told me, that they used to get a beardie morphs there, and someone from a reptile shop would come in, buy all the beardies, and immediately put them up for sale for a massive mark up...
eeji Posted - 27/09/2014 : 21:58:29
nice one, I used to have a butter motley, she was the yellowest snake ever! :)
Razee Posted - 27/09/2014 : 17:07:13
P.S. The kitty is ok, just old, coming up to 19. He does have a dodgy heart, not too good kidneys and artheritis, but he's still quite good in himself, still goes out, and still happy, apart from an occasional bout of kitty Alzheimers. :-)

He looked a bit depressed for couple of days, so I took him to the vets, in case he needs new painkillers. He's fine, though, and seems quite perky today. I just worry about him, and didn't want to risk loosing him, especially so soon after I lost Lucy.
Razee Posted - 27/09/2014 : 16:56:52
He's home! We've called him Squidwood -and he is so, so tiny! Managed to find out he was born in August, they promised to find the hatch date and what the parents were, too. They get all their hatchlings from Monkfield, so hopefully, should be able to find out.

He's been spying on me all the way home in the car, watching me drive. He's had a "test slither" of all of his new hatchling tub, found the water and had a huge drink. He's got 3 hides, but installed himself under the kitchen towel...and already managed to scare me, as I couldn't see him

Hopefully, there will be photos to follow, in the photo section, soon
lupi lou Posted - 27/09/2014 : 13:36:15
Congrats on the new addition. If it makes you feel any better jinx is from that line of stores. They generally have people having ago because they are a big chain. Our local one has great standards and are open to suggestions too. Can't wait to see pics and I hope your cat is feeling better soon
Razee Posted - 26/09/2014 : 15:04:57
Just been to see him. He's fed again on wednesday, so he's ready to go tomorrow.

He's tiny, possibly the smallest one I'd had, even smaller than Baz had been. I've set a sandwich tub ready, I wouldn't dare to put him in RUB or a faunarium, I think he'd manage to get out of those!

Had another look, they actually also have a butter motley female, in addition to the caramel motley/stripe female. Very cute, but neither are ready to go... anyway, probably wouldn't have room for another big viv :-/

Moppet Posted - 24/09/2014 : 21:47:40
Very exciting. Looking forward to photos
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/09/2014 : 20:30:28
awwwww just HAD to be done lol, and since hubby not mad, sneak the other one home too space can always be found.
Hugs for the poorly kitty

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000