The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Thank you!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hypo Posted - 25/01/2015 : 22:07:12
Emmet had his first shed with us tonight, we have been expecting it but he got into a bit of trouble. When I found him he'd managed to retain quite a large chunk of skin part way down his body. Thanks to the stickied information I knew to try a damp flannel, that didn't work so I gave him a brief bath, in a shallow cereal bowl as he's still so tiny! He hated it but it worked very quickly. I now have a very shiny snake!
Thanks to the stickies I also knew to find the eye caps, I had to tease open a crumpled bit of skin but I've found them and the tail tip looks complete too.
He did have a humid hide which he did use so I'm not entirely sure why he retained the skin but I'm very greatful for all the helpful information on here so a big thank you to you
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gaz1974 Posted - 26/01/2015 : 20:35:05
Well done you on helping the little man with his shed.
Hopefully the next shed will be a little less troublesome. It's always satisfying when you come downstairs in the morning, look in the viv to find a complete shed with eye caps and tail........less so when you look in the viv to see random bits of skin scattered about!

You may find that your little man becomes bolder and more confident after he's shed. With mine it's as though she can't wait to show off her nice bright new pattern.
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/01/2015 : 15:38:40
This is the best forum around, glad you have got it sorted
danablett Posted - 26/01/2015 : 15:16:23
I second that. Never having owned a snake before November, this forum (and the Facebook page) has been brilliant. Has answered loads of questions I have had.
Wheels Posted - 26/01/2015 : 13:36:12
That's the power of the forum, great isn't it

I think it is also partly why it can get so quiet on here, because we can find the answer as we aren't the first ones to have the question - what a good idea to post a thank you!
herriotfan Posted - 26/01/2015 : 08:32:36
This forum is very good when help is needed.
Glad you've got a snake in a nice new coat now!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000