The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Rehome kitty coming soon!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 18/03/2015 : 16:35:54
So, after we lost our Ginty in December, we weren't sure if we could ever have another cat... Recently though, we decided that we miss having a cat too much, and that there are many cats waiting for homes, and we have an empty house....

We've made several visits to our local rescue centre, liked several cats, but none really stood out - until we saw her. Tiny 2 year old kitty, white and black, semi long hair, with a funny fur tufts sticking out of her ears, and a goatie beard!

She's got huge green eyes, and she can make a look like the cat in Shrek, when it wanted something, lol.

To cut long story short, we reserved her, and she is coming home on Monday! I can't wait, have been to visit her twice now, and she spent the whole time on my lap, licking my hands
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 25/03/2015 : 15:15:00
Photos posted now, in the photo section :-)
Razee Posted - 24/03/2015 : 14:06:56
I've probably got the only cat, that walks to heel
Razee Posted - 24/03/2015 : 13:44:24
Still no pics, as all evening was devoted to Maisie ( the new kitty )...

She follows me everywhere, and will leave her food, if I leave the kitchen! She tries to follow me even to the loo, and cries when I leave her outside the bathroom door. She's spent all night in front of our bedroom door, crying - but still managed to wreak havoc downstairs, lol, and most likely terrorized poor Bazil by trying to look at her. Baz shed last night, but in 1000 little pieces even down to individual scales, all on her heat mat, including the poop. She NEVER poops on her hot side, so she has been clearly scared to leave the hides. Fortunately, she is clear of all old skin, so that's ok, and I think Maisie is getting bored with the vivs now.

I can't let her in our bedroom, as Seb ( very active ) and Squid are there, and if she pulled on the thermostat cables, she could bring the faunarium with Squid crashing down from the top of the viv, and I bet the lid would come off... and I think that would be the end of Squidwood, as Maisie seems to be serious hunter.... so, our bedroom is a no - go ( also because I don't want Maisie attacking my face in the middle of the night, lol ) .

Hopefully, she will settle soon, and get over her separation anxiety :-) She's asleep on the sofa next to me :-)

scottishbluebird Posted - 23/03/2015 : 21:46:09
Brilliant she has made herself at home already
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/03/2015 : 20:33:46
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

That was lucky, our friend's cat died, after chewing a lily... so, I've removed all the plants that could possibly be poisonous ( surprised by the jade/ money plant being toxic to cats ) to other rooms, and out of reach. She tried to chew my pony tail plant, so I took that one away ( got a LOOK from her, lol ), and given her some potted grass from the garden instead.

I reckon she's a serious hunter - she went rigid and into hunting mode, when she saw a pigeon... she keeps sneaking back to the vivs, and tried opening the doors when she thought I wasn't looking ( ! ) - just as well they are locked! I'm going to have to be seriously carful about not handling any snakes with her in the room, otherwise she'll have them for dinner! She seems fascinated with their smell...

Found a problem already - I gave her food, and shut her in the kitchen, so I could change the snake's water safely - and she started crying, crying, crying, until I got back down and opened the door...now she sticks to me like a glue!

I'm going to have to go and feed the horses, and leave her alone, and I feel horrible about it!

Good choice lol.

Yeah, our cat Bugsy is the same. She's had two pigeons in the house and I'm pretty sure she killed the second one as it happened when we were out and we came back to a mass of feathers but I can't remember if we found it living or.... Yeah.

The first one was a surprise though because we were sat at home with the window open just about wide enough for the cat to get out. We saw her looking but thought "She'll knock the window and the pigeon will fly off in time." - Next thing we know she comes running in with this fat pigeon off the balcony! We rescued, checked and released said pigeon.

Ahh she'll be all good She's probably just got a little separation anxiety and may need that working on in case she annoys neighbours but other than that it sounds like everything should be good.
Razee Posted - 23/03/2015 : 16:22:07
That was lucky, our friend's cat died, after chewing a lily... so, I've removed all the plants that could possibly be poisonous ( surprised by the jade/ money plant being toxic to cats ) to other rooms, and out of reach. She tried to chew my pony tail plant, so I took that one away ( got a LOOK from her, lol ), and given her some potted grass from the garden instead.

I reckon she's a serious hunter - she went rigid and into hunting mode, when she saw a pigeon... she keeps sneaking back to the vivs, and tried opening the doors when she thought I wasn't looking ( ! ) - just as well they are locked! I'm going to have to be seriously carful about not handling any snakes with her in the room, otherwise she'll have them for dinner! She seems fascinated with their smell...

Found a problem already - I gave her food, and shut her in the kitchen, so I could change the snake's water safely - and she started crying, crying, crying, until I got back down and opened the door...now she sticks to me like a glue!

I'm going to have to go and feed the horses, and leave her alone, and I feel horrible about it!
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/03/2015 : 14:18:24
quote:

She's home!!! Had a good look around, ( bit timid ), but already found her way on the sofa... completely ignoring cat basket, cat scratch pole with bed, or her 2 blankets! :-0

She's cuddled up to me on the sofa, and was soon on her back, purring, paws in the air :-) That was quick, Lol.

She's eaten, drunk, and chewed a houseplant. She's found the vivs, stood on her hind legs, and looked in. She seems both fascinated and frustrated with the fish tank, and doesn't seem to know what to think about that one.

I've taken lots of pics on my mobile, will post some in the evening, when hubby can help me put them on the computer. :-)

Aww nice one! She settled in nicely for you then

As for chewing the houseplant, just be careful which ones she chews. I have a cat called Sox and he likes chewing houseplants but we have to watch him as he started chewing my Kalanchoe blossfeldiana which is toxic to cats. Luckily he didn't seem affected if he actually swallowed any of it but if he'd been left to chew it longer he probably wouldn't have been here or would have had to have serious vet treatment for it.
Razee Posted - 23/03/2015 : 14:12:49
She's home!!! Had a good look around, ( bit timid ), but already found her way on the sofa... completely ignoring cat basket, cat scratch pole with bed, or her 2 blankets! :-0

She's cuddled up to me on the sofa, and was soon on her back, purring, paws in the air :-) That was quick, Lol.

She's eaten, drunk, and chewed a houseplant. She's found the vivs, stood on her hind legs, and looked in. She seems both fascinated and frustrated with the fish tank, and doesn't seem to know what to think about that one.

I've taken lots of pics on my mobile, will post some in the evening, when hubby can help me put them on the computer. :-)
Razee Posted - 22/03/2015 : 18:39:53
Tomorrow! :-)
ScalySituation Posted - 19/03/2015 : 22:24:47
Gotta love lion snuggles
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/03/2015 : 16:23:31
quote:

4 more sleeps

I've tried to take photos in the sanctuary, but it's almost impossible - she's straight on my lap, so too close, and when I'm leaving, she sticks to my feet, and I have a real job getting through the door without her coming with me, too

Will take some pics when she gets home, though.

She already knows she has a great home
herriotfan Posted - 19/03/2015 : 09:16:07
Sounds adorable.
Razee Posted - 19/03/2015 : 09:03:49
4 more sleeps

I've tried to take photos in the sanctuary, but it's almost impossible - she's straight on my lap, so too close, and when I'm leaving, she sticks to my feet, and I have a real job getting through the door without her coming with me, too

Will take some pics when she gets home, though.
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/03/2015 : 23:40:08
awwwwww sounds gorgeous, look forward to the pics!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000