The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 No more rats for Seb!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 22/05/2015 : 13:47:51
So, I decided to spice up the snakes diet a bit, an bought them some small weaner rats for a change....

Seb got his, ate it enthusiastically but with some difficulty, as it had a massive head. Then he spent ages digesting, I actually got several nights sleep without any disturbance, though this was brilliant - UNTIL he pooped.

I have never smelled anything so revolting, I was gagging when cleaning the viv, and despite cleaning several times since, can't quite get rid of the smell. Never again.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 03/06/2015 : 07:38:42
quote:
Originally posted by ravensgirl

I should really give my guys a bit of a change from their usual mice.

There's no need to, ravensgirl. Snakes don't know the meaning of treats and don't get bored of what they eat. All that's important is that they do eat .

Xxx
ravensgirl Posted - 01/06/2015 : 21:46:08
I should really give my guys a bit of a change from their usual mice.
SilverWings Posted - 23/05/2015 : 21:29:36
I think corn poop is just rank all round :/ All of my big corns make me gag, I have to pick it up with scented dog poop bags. Aleron and Boots hardly make a smell but Lumpy...jeez. She saves it up for up to 2 months then does a monster to rival our dog...She is the only one who can literally make me gag. Prey doesnt seem to be a factor with mine, some are on chicks, some on mice. Nobody likes rats.
Razee Posted - 23/05/2015 : 14:17:48
Maybe it was just a bad rat, or maybe it's just Seb doesn't react well to rats...but it really was horrendous smell, and I'm pretty used to various animal poops...

I fed chick to Twid ages ago, and he had the best formed, least smelly poop ever... Maybe different snakes digest different prey differently, lol.
herriotfan Posted - 23/05/2015 : 10:00:02
I've never noticed any difference either.
Snake poo is nothing compared to bearded dragon poo. OMG, it really is revolting
Kellog Posted - 23/05/2015 : 06:45:18
It's strange. I've got snakes on mice, rats and chicks at different times and I don't notice much of a difference. Maybe it's just my sense of smell isn't as good. The weirdest thing I find is occasionally discovering a claw in 'chick poo' .

Xxx
ScalySituation Posted - 22/05/2015 : 21:55:26
Apparently chicks cause really bad poop too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000