The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Very unexpected eggs!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PyroJosh Posted - 01/06/2015 : 23:36:19
hi guys, bit of a worrying time at the minute, i have owned my corns now for about 2 years, and they were 3 when i got them, and both apparently female (i know cohabiting is a much debated subject but until now i have had no issues its a very large viv and plenty of room and hides in both ends for either snake to be alone although they still insist on curling up together) anway thats a little background info

now to the worrying bit looked inside my viv the other day and found a pile of eggs! i quickly did some research and came to the conclusion they were all infertile, small, very yellow, mishapen etc etc. so in a panic i froze and disposed of them as i was advised by the local pet store (even though it still made me feel like a cruel evil horrible human being) :( now im just worried about the health of the snakes as i know this process can be hard on them, what should i look out for, one has shed since (the layer im assuming) and i am going to try a feed tomorrow.

also is it possible one of my snakes is a male hence the eggs or is it possible for females to just lay infertile eggs of their own accord.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 03/06/2015 : 10:55:28
They could still both be female, but I wouldn't advise keeping them together anyway.
PyroJosh Posted - 02/06/2015 : 20:29:32
well they were supposed to have been sexed before both as females but is it possible they got it wrong the first time? they have been together for nearly 5 or 6 years and this is the first occasion t there have been eggs :/ will have to see if i can find the nearest reptile store and see what i can do. might have an extra large viv for sale if i have to separate them!
ScalySituation Posted - 02/06/2015 : 18:31:57
I would definitely separate them and get them sexed by a reptile shop
PyroJosh Posted - 02/06/2015 : 17:52:01
thanks for the advice. ill see if i can tempt her with a small mouse today and i will have to dig out the old viv for the other just in case i suppose, just got my nice big one set up how i wanted it for them too, typical :P
ScalySituation Posted - 02/06/2015 : 11:54:07
My female laid infertile eggs this year, never been near a male.
I would separate them just in case, if one is male he will harass the female to mate again and again and could make her ill.

I would suggest feeding her a smaller prey item every 5 or 6 days for a few weeks before going back to her normal size food.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000