The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 First time snake owner- Soon!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leonie Heartilly Posted - 09/06/2015 : 23:10:11
Hi!

I have been lurking for a few days finding lots of useful information but as the landlady just approved myself and my fiance to have a snake in our flat I figured it was time to join!

I have always been fascinated by "unusual" animals like snakes, crocodiles/alligators and sharks however it never really crossed my mind to own a snake thinking it was for more experienced enthusiasts or professionals etc. Seeing this beauty in a small, local aquarium changed all that:

She was really active, tongue out lots and just looking really inquisitive, like she wanted to say hello to us. Such a cutie. The sign said she was a corn snake so I looked it up when I got home and was surprised to find they are docile and great pets. So long story short you can guess why I'm here =p

My partner and I live in Colchester, Essex so we are lucky to have several places that stock reptile supplies and food local to us (Swallow Aquatics, Betta Aquatics, Seapets and Pets at Home being the main ones) but we haven't decided on where we are purchasing our first snake yet, we just made contact with a local breeder that was recommended so we'll see =)

Sorry for the long post!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/06/2015 : 16:31:53
Hi and welcomne
Donnie Posted - 10/06/2015 : 13:17:06
Hello and welcome
herriotfan Posted - 10/06/2015 : 09:06:56
Hi and welcome.
Best advice is to do as much research as possible before you get your snake.
When you go to view any snakes that you're interested in buying ask to see the feeding and shedding records. A good breeder will keep track of these things. You don't want a snake that doesn't eat properly as a first time owner.
Good luck.....
Razee Posted - 10/06/2015 : 07:45:44
Hello and welcome to the forum :-)
gmac Posted - 09/06/2015 : 23:32:00
Welcome along

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000