The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Grass snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 29/06/2015 : 23:03:07
No photos, unfortunately - but I've seen my first ever grass snake in "the wild" yesterday! I'm so chuffed, it was a beauty, too.

Went to see our friends, and they always had grass snakes in their compost heap, so I was bugging them to show me where. It was cloudy and dull, so I never really thought we'd see one, but they had a wheelbarrow upside down on the top of the compost heap, and when we lifted it, there was a coiled grassie under there!

Only saw him for a couple of seconds, then he shot down his escape tunnel. There were many tunnels on the compost heap, and I could see flattened little areas in front of the entrances, where I guess they would have been basking on sunny days, curled up.

Wish I had my camera ready...
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/07/2015 : 15:08:21
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

I wish I had seen more, not just a couple of secons, lol. I find it's always people who aren't interested in snakes, or are even scared of them, that keep seeing them.

Another friend has got a resident grass snake that he often sees in his pond, he e mailed me some fantastic pics... but he was wondering where his goldfish are disappearing, and was blaming the heron, tee hee.

shouldnt laugh at his fish being eaten, but i did!
Razee Posted - 05/07/2015 : 09:37:52
I wish I had seen more, not just a couple of secons, lol. I find it's always people who aren't interested in snakes, or are even scared of them, that keep seeing them.

Another friend has got a resident grass snake that he often sees in his pond, he e mailed me some fantastic pics... but he was wondering where his goldfish are disappearing, and was blaming the heron, tee hee.
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/07/2015 : 15:58:10
That would have been amazing, i have never seen a snake in the wild

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000