The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Aaaaarghhh!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 07/08/2015 : 14:50:39
I'm looking for a bit of reassurance, as I'm panicking...

I took Twiddie out in the garden for a crawl and sunbathe, as usual- and he's found the bird bath... before I could stop him, he had a massive drink.

The bird bath is a shallow one made from an old stone, is full of fluffy algae and various living things...I blast it with hosepipe every day, and re fill it for the birds ( and the cat, and anything else including frogs and slow worms ), but it's very much a living micro pond.

I wouldn't worry normally, but my snakes are obviously captive born, kept in a more or less sterile conditions and given clean tap water every day, so his belly won't be ready for the onslaught of all the living bugs, algae and God knows what... so now I' m worried about him.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 15/08/2015 : 23:28:25
All seems perfectly normal so far, massive poopage on a heatmat, as usual :-) found him just after he did it. He had crawled back into his cold hide, his head and neck periscoping, making him look like a tortoise. He had a definite air of sniggeruity ( stolen from Terry Pratchett ) about him :-).
Razee Posted - 11/08/2015 : 07:32:18
Well, he ate ok yesterday, but is sitting in cold hide since then, just to worry me... Now to see what comes out :-/
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/08/2015 : 23:30:53
Just as above, i know i'd feel loads better if kellogs had eaten if she had done that, just check the poop after, just to see if it looks normal
Kellog Posted - 10/08/2015 : 09:21:29
I'm glad he seems ok. Hopefully he's eaten ok and that will reassure you a bit more.

Xxx
Razee Posted - 09/08/2015 : 09:22:55
Thanks, Kellog.

He seems ok ( fingers crossed ), he's due a feed, so that should show any problems at the other end,.... I know it seems silly to worry, as I don't worry of the cat drinks from the bird bath.
Kellog Posted - 08/08/2015 : 08:44:58
I can understand why you're worried, Razee. I do think corns are hardier than we give them credit for. I'd keep a close eye on him for a couple of days but I do think he should be ok.

Xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000