The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Field mouse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 25/10/2015 : 09:52:41
I had to seriously struggle not to keep this one as a pet...

Maisie ( the killer psycho kitty, who keeps attacking me ) has taken to bringing back live mice. Quite often they are also unharmed, but in shock, so if we can we take them off her, let them recover for 10 mins or so in a quiet box, and then release them in the hedge ( whilst keeping Maisie in for a bit ).

Last night hubby came into room, with the cutest ever BABY field mouse sat in his hands. It was doing the slow closing and opening of eyes, and rocking back and forward, of a shocked mouse... but was unharmed otherwise.

I put it in one of the cereal boxes I save for the snakes, and it just sat in the corner, rocking. I gave it a tiny wedge of an apple, and it reached both front paws towards me, and took the apple from my hands, as if it had been a tame mouse all its life :-)

Then it sat in the corner, holding the apple and nibbling it. It was so tiny, and such a cuteness overload, I had to really struggle not to keep this one as a pet.

Anyway, it got released behind the compost heaps with its belly full, with plenty of cover and food, and Maisie the psycho kitty safely shut indoors.

I know it seems weird to rescue mice, especially as I'm buying dead ones regularly as a snake food - but I feel that because of that, I owe it to them in a strange way.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2015 : 14:44:45
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

With a hindsight, I wish I'd filmed it, the moment when it took the apple from me would have been priceless :-)

that bit would have turned me to mush lol
Razee Posted - 26/10/2015 : 12:56:26
With a hindsight, I wish I'd filmed it, the moment when it took the apple from me would have been priceless :-)
scottishbluebird Posted - 25/10/2015 : 17:33:44
awwwww, wish you had a pic!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000