The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Back with a new (candycane) corn.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Puffin Posted - 25/01/2016 : 23:01:51
After nearly two years of being snakeless I finally decided to get myself a new corn. (I still miss Gil a lot though.)

They were hatched in 2014. I don't know the sex so I'm going to go back to the shop to get them probed, probably next Saturday.

This is their very temporary setup:

I'm going to be getting a RUB in the next few days so that leaves me with a spare faunarium ready for a hatchling.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Puffin Posted - 26/03/2016 : 20:08:44
Yeah, I feel a bit iffy about hybrids but seeing as corn and rat snakes' ranges overlap in the wild and are in the same family/sub-family I don't mind too much.
AcidicAngel Posted - 26/03/2016 : 19:34:03
quote:
Originally posted by Puffin

He was sold to me as a candycane (and to be fair he looks like some of the pics of the morph I've seen online) but after asking more about his parentage it turns out he's a creamsicle. He's really chill though.

Ahh, the reason I said it didn't look like a CandyCane is because CandyCane's are supposed to be pure white with red saddles No orange colouration in the background at all.

So I assume going by your comment you know he's a hybrid?
Puffin Posted - 26/03/2016 : 18:53:46
He was sold to me as a candycane (and to be fair he looks like some of the pics of the morph I've seen online) but after asking more about his parentage it turns out he's a creamsicle. He's really chill though.
AcidicAngel Posted - 26/03/2016 : 18:33:41
Beautiful

Doesn't look like a CandyCane though? Unless that's the snakes name lol.
Puffin Posted - 26/03/2016 : 15:49:00
I have some more photos to share. (They aren't that good because they were taken with my phone.)

His RUB so far...

Going to add some more fake plants and figure out how to make a detachable platform for him to climb because there is too much unused space at the top half of the RUB.

Dinner time.

Hiding in my sleeve.

Being a creeper.
Puffin Posted - 29/01/2016 : 00:07:34
Thanks! When i saw him/her I knew I had to get them!

I'm currently waiting on some decorations to be delivered for their RUB (84L) so as soon as I get that sorted out I'll post some more pictures.

I can't wait to handle them. I handled him/her at the shop and they are pretty strong willed but they ended up curling up in the my hoodie pocket.

I'm holding off giving them a name until they've been probed but I really like the name Peach because it goes with my parrot's - Kiwi - name.

Whenever I'm in the room they always poke their head out to see what I'm up too. (And also see if I have a mouse of them because I bought them on their feed day and I'm having to wait until Monday to feed them.)
Razee Posted - 27/01/2016 : 12:40:21
Nice one, congratulations on snakey ownership :-)
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/01/2016 : 15:16:53
awwwww so pretty

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000