The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 newbie feeding help :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stoosanub Posted - 25/02/2016 : 17:37:50
Hi and ty for adding me to the forums! I'm Lea, a new corn owner after falling in love with my sisters! Have a question if I may, we got our baby Ramen on 13th feb, hes approx 3 1/2 months old. We've been following the feeding schedule from the breeder of 1 pinkie every 5 days. he was fed the day we got him by the breeder, then on 18th, then 23rd. since having him he's pood on 22nd and again yesterday, but also at some point today, he has regurgitated his food he was fed on 23rd. it was slightly bigger than previous ones so not sure if it was a bit too big or if it may have been due to me moving him yesterday so i could clean out his poop! Just wondering how long I should leave it before offering him more, as I have no idea! Thanks! x
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LadyS Posted - 26/02/2016 : 19:42:44
The thermostat regulates the temp you set the thermostat to the required temp and it turns the heat on and off to maintain the temp. It's not safe to use a heat map without temp control as you could burn the snake.
How are you measuring the temp?
Phoenix82 Posted - 26/02/2016 : 10:27:37
Hey. I have a heat mat that regulates it's own temperature. It goes up to 30 degrees then switches off then heats up again once it cools down. If you have a good heat mat it should have a regulator box (thermostat) near the plug that you set the temperature on. The heat mat I have is the "ministat 100" by MicroClimate and it works a treat for my 2 foot vivarium.Just ensure that it's kept to one side of the vivarium with a hide on so there's a warm spot and a cool spot for your snake to nestle in
stoosanub Posted - 26/02/2016 : 00:15:59
can they actually higher the temp of the mat? it's on constantly at the moment, was advised to turn off of a night to regulate what would normally happen in wild but i can't as it's too cool.
stoosanub Posted - 26/02/2016 : 00:14:29
Hi no i'm not i have 2 heat mats, 1 inside under the aspen and one on the outside, its gone to 22 degrees celcius, what is a thermostat for a vivarium and how do they work? theres nothing with my heat mat to control the temp just the mat itself.
LadyS Posted - 25/02/2016 : 21:27:44
Hey I'm new to corn snakes too but I would say you are way to cool on your temps. Are you using a thermostat with your heat mat. I would say get your temps up and then I'm sure Ramen will be happier, ideally your looking at between 27/30 c. With heat spot of 32c

Good luck.
stoosanub Posted - 25/02/2016 : 17:41:16
also to ask, is there anyway i can improve the heat in his viv? hes in a small plastic starter viv with a heatmat but his temp is hovering around 18-19 degrees Celsius, just worried hes not warm enough! thanks x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000