The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Help!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DrogoSnow Posted - 02/05/2016 : 17:11:07
Hey guys, I'm super concerned at the moment, my little guy got a full tank clean today as is schedual for him. while cleaning I noticed there was zero deficate or urate in the tank anywhere, now normally i check once weekly for deficate but this month got really busy. anyways i placed him in the bath to help his bowels move while i cleaned his tank out. when i finished i wassuprised to find he had pooped i was glad at first. upon closer inspection there are the normal things like fur in the poop and what not. what concerns me is there is a green mudlike substance that i have never seen before in his poops. just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this problem or even if it is a problem.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 04/05/2016 : 07:21:12
How old is your snake, and how often do you feed and what size prey?

My adult female, Bazilishka, had this on couple of occasions, when she didn't poop for a very long time ( for example, didn't poop after feeding, then gone blue ). It seems to happen when the poop has been in them for too long.

If it keeps happening, you could always have her poop tested for parasites, just to be on the safe side. I don't know if you can do this in Canada, but over here you can send a sample straight to the labs, or some vets can perform " in house testing" quite cheaply.
ScalySituation Posted - 03/05/2016 : 19:41:10
Don't take my word as law, was just a guess haha
DrogoSnow Posted - 03/05/2016 : 18:36:53
He does seem fine himself so i guess i'll do that. never thought of the preys stomach contents affecting him.... thank you.
ScalySituation Posted - 02/05/2016 : 20:32:54
Hmm I'm not sure, does he seem ok in himself? I would wait till he poops again, if it looks the same, vet if not, it's probably nothing

Just thought maybe it's got something to do with the stomach contents of his prey?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000