The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 sand box?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stoosanub Posted - 22/12/2016 : 11:35:18
Hi I'm a relatively new corn owner (10 months) and saw a video a while ago where someone had made a sandbox for their hog nose....I was just wondering, as my newest corn absolutely loves to dig and hide in her viv, and i have enrichment boxes for my corns where a few times a week they spend 30/60 mins in them just for a bit of a change, they both seem to enjoy them, if a sandbox is something you can use with corns? it wouldn't be kept in her main viv it would only be used in her enrichment rub whilst under supervision, but i wouldn't want to make her one if it could cause any problems or its unsafe for her, just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this? thanks!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stoosanub Posted - 27/12/2016 : 22:43:23
fab ideas ty everyone, i put some extra aspen on her cool side for her digging as her heat mat is in a built in shelf under her viv so dont like having too much bedding there, they do have enrichment boxes with all sorts of bits and pieces, i was same unsure about the sand hence the ask! thanks for all the ideas though! xx love the idea of the different substrates!
ScalySituation Posted - 26/12/2016 : 13:35:29
I too used toothpaste boxes and made loo roll hammocks haha, great minds think alike
Razee Posted - 25/12/2016 : 12:14:05
Corns don't normally live in sand, l'd be worried they'd get it up their noses if they dig in... If you want to try some enrichment, why not have various substrates? You could have some bark, aspen, maybe a box with coco fibre or eco earth ( not too damp ), or perhaps a damp sphagnum moss box for when in blue, as a moist hide?

Mine particularly enjoy boxes ( obviously, nothing with any chemicals like soap or washing powder )- best being "Oats so simple" porridge ones, as you can open and close them, and the snake fits in nicely. When mine were little, they liked toothpaste boxes, maybe because they were tight and dark. I also made a swing by hanging a toilet roll tube from the roof of a faunarium, much enjoyed. Someone on here had a hanging " nest " , Like they sell for hamsters etc., the options are limitless :-)
ScalySituation Posted - 23/12/2016 : 16:28:25
I'm not sure on a sandbox, why not just give extra deep loose substrate in the viv?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000