The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Adopting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sydney Posted - 01/05/2017 : 11:04:10
Hi All

Thanks so much for your advice in the last few weeks. Sydney is loving his new Viv. My wife and I have had an amazing sight of seeing him shed last week, never thought we would catch him shedding

I have been enjoying him so much that my 5 year old daughter is now handling him and feeding him too. Great to see the kids showing interest.

Just a quick question - in the near future, we are thinking of getting another for my daughter. I have thought, instead of getting a new hatchling, we were thinking of adopting from the RSPCA / or reptile rescue centre, is this a good idea?

Many thanks

Dan
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 13/05/2017 : 16:35:26
South West Reptile Rescue and Rehab are fantastic too, they have a website and fb page
Razee Posted - 12/05/2017 : 10:59:31
Ooooh, have a look at North Somerset reptile rescue Facebook, well worth visiting. The lady that runs it is a vet, and all the animals are vet and parasite checked, and quarantined.
Sydney Posted - 01/05/2017 : 20:43:09
Ok thanks, I think my closest one is the rspca in Brighton, will try them first.
They have so many snakes on there website, I was shocked just how many have no home!

Take care
cheers Dan
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/05/2017 : 15:14:52
Thats great you caught him shedding, remember to check tail tip and eye caps are in the shed, not retained.
YES!!!!!, its a great idea to get a rescue snake, so many need a new home.
Since for your daughter, depending how young she is, an older corn may be calmer.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000