The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Help - how to know when female finished laying?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 11/04/2018 : 20:16:33
Sorry, l know this is wrong section but maybe will get noticed better ( mods, pls move if wrong )

Bazilishka is laying - right now! I checked and there was one massive egg and perhaps more ( was checking through the bottom of the lay box so as not to disturb her ). Incubator running etc, all ready - but when do l check on her again?

I need to remove the eggs asap after laying, as l will be separating the ones l will incubate from the rest - but don't want to disturb her and stop her laying, or make her leave the egg box if she hasn't finished.

I was planning to check again int the morning, will it be too late, will she have rolled them around? She certainly wasn't laying at 10-11 this morning, as she was still out of the box then, but was in there all afternoon...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 13/04/2018 : 11:29:45
I'd give about 12 hours - like you said, you don't want to disturb her too much.
Hopefully she's just resting from laying the rest of the clutch
Razee Posted - 12/04/2018 : 07:37:39
Ok, checked on her just now - she has a massive clutch, but there are still at least 2 eggs to go...obviously, l had to open the box to check properly, it looked like she's finished but then l saw the 2 bulges by the tail.. how long do l leave her before the next check - l don't want to stress her and stop her laying?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000