The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Female corn keeps pushing nose against glass

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Foxes-in-space Posted - 20/10/2018 : 15:44:00
Hi everyone. Hoping someone can enlighten me here as to what's going on with my snake.

I've had her for just over a year and when I got her I was told she is female and was a year old. I haven't had any issues with her, perfectly healthy and acting normal apart from this one thing.

Some days, usually near the end of the week when she's done a poop and isn't due another meal yet, she'll sit in the front of the viv and push her head/nose against the glass or against the lid. She does it quite hard but so far hasn't injured herself thank god.

Sometimes when she does this I take her out for a while and she calms down when she's put back in but sometimes she's back at it within half an hour.

Is this normal behavior? Anything to be worried about? Temperature in the tank is 25oC at the moment and she's got newspaper as a bedding, in case that's relevant.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Foxes-in-space Posted - 12/11/2018 : 07:45:34
I forgot to mention that she's roughly 5'2" in length,so she's a fairly big girl.
Foxes-in-space Posted - 12/11/2018 : 07:41:22
I see. Well I have a bag of 13 mice left so should I keep using those til they're used up then switch to large mice?
ScalySituation Posted - 02/11/2018 : 14:01:25
Jumbo mouse weekly is far too much food. On that size prey I'd be expecting her to eat every 3 weeks at the most
Foxes-in-space Posted - 30/10/2018 : 09:08:55
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Well the temperature is too low (should be between 27 & 30) and the bedding is unsuitable (try something like aspen, aubiose or megazorb)
But I doubt that is the cause
She probably just wants out so she can look for food. What are you giving her and how often?
How often do you handle her?
What size is her viv?

Sorry for the very late response. I'll get the temp. and bedding sorted then.

She gets a jumbo mouse once a week which she's been taking perfectly fine. I usually handle her a few times a week for about 15 minutes each time. Her viv is 3ft long. She has stuff she can climb over and fake leaves that cover everything too.
ScalySituation Posted - 24/10/2018 : 13:58:30
Well the temperature is too low (should be between 27 & 30) and the bedding is unsuitable (try something like aspen, aubiose or megazorb)
But I doubt that is the cause
She probably just wants out so she can look for food. What are you giving her and how often?
How often do you handle her?
What size is her viv?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000