The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 show us your setups.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bilbo Posted - 19/10/2009 : 19:23:23
just wanted to start this would love to see all your snake homes..

here are bilbo and lizzies homes.

inside bilbos

inside lizzies

need to sort out some more bits and bobs for lizzies just some vine and maybe a new hide or two..
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/10/2010 : 11:02:29
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Steve has taken a shine to spending most of his time on the shelf with his head resting on the log. Think hubby is going to put a tube on there so at least he can hide away if he wants too. Just need to find a way to secure it so it doesn't roll off once he is in it..lol

Interesting that he likes being up there....guess he can still thermoregulate and move down to the heatmat when he wants to.

Think securing the tube on the shelf is a definite must, wouldnt want him taking a tumble when he is curled up in there fast asleep !

xxx

Judith he has never been normal from day one but then our family isn't normal so figures he fits right in..lol xx
Kellog Posted - 13/10/2010 : 02:55:22
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Steve has taken a shine to spending most of his time on the shelf with his head resting on the log. Think hubby is going to put a tube on there so at least he can hide away if he wants too. Just need to find a way to secure it so it doesn't roll off once he is in it..lol

Interesting that he likes being up there....guess he can still thermoregulate and move down to the heatmat when he wants to.

Think securing the tube on the shelf is a definite must, wouldnt want him taking a tumble when he is curled up in there fast asleep !

xxx
n/a Posted - 12/10/2010 : 13:10:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Mom2mysononly - Steve has a great viv, very unique! I love the main branch that leads up to the shelf. Does he use both levels? It all looks so natural with the amount of greenery....Steve is a very lucky and spoilt snake !

xxx

Mort13 Posted - 10/10/2010 : 17:22:08
Hi,this is Loki's home. It looks a bit pathetic compared to all these lovely vivs! I'm getting some more plants for him as his favourite spot seems to be curled up in the plant.
Can't wait to start work on his viv for when he's bigger

Taz Devil Posted - 08/10/2010 : 13:48:09
I took the doors off my viv to avoid the dreaded flash back in the glass.

That looks great, the background really gives it a more natural look than the plain old wood.

Same question as above, does both levels of the viv get used??
Kellog Posted - 08/10/2010 : 03:32:07
Mom2mysononly - Steve has a great viv, very unique! I love the main branch that leads up to the shelf. Does he use both levels? It all looks so natural with the amount of greenery....Steve is a very lucky and spoilt snake !

xxx
n/a Posted - 07/10/2010 : 12:42:40
Seen as Steve is now in his new home, i had better put pics up here too now. Some fantastic set ups going on!! Lee's set up is fantastic!!

Kellog Posted - 07/10/2010 : 12:20:16
Boogles....lovely set-up you have for Buzz (and gorgeous snake). Have you thought about adding something green in there for him to hide away in?

Kehhlyr....definitely need to see updated pics of your new rep room!

Taz....great to see Sid's viv, it may not be as exotic as some of the ones on here but he is certainly a lucky snake , it looks perfect! I love the number of hiding places and plants you have filled it with. Looks great.

xxx
Taz Devil Posted - 06/10/2010 : 10:00:09
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Nope Taz, it would be one of those hospital paper hats.......

Ah those Mexican Chunder hats.

I've managed to get a bit done with my new VivExotic viv, not as grand as some on here, but Sid likes it and it was cheap to add the plants which I bought from Dunhelm Hill for about £6, the pipe gubbins I bought from a car boot for £1 the large hide on the right I got for £5 at a car boot and everything else I have picked up as and when I have found them cheap.

The red tin, you can see in a couple of the pictures, is sat at an angle on top of a PC that I will be using as a server for a live web cam (when the webcam arrives). I had to put the tin on there as the cat kept sitting on top of the PC (well whats left of the PC, I have removed everything that was not required to reduce the size of the box, so it's just the metal case). Still trying to setup the page ready for when the webcam arrives. I've ordered a cheapo one to start off with just in case everything goes pear shaped and does not work as planned.

The web cam will be viewable here:- http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk
headlow Posted - 05/10/2010 : 22:15:58
She's a Mexican Black Kingsnake
meggi Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:06:50
i meant the beautiful black snakeX

megx
meggi Posted - 05/10/2010 : 21:04:49
quote:
Originally posted by headlow

Cheers, those pics are a couple months old at least now. He no longer fits into those wee hides, and he's transferred into a 3 ft viv. He seems to be bigger every day now.

What type of snakey is he?
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/10/2010 : 15:26:22
Nope Taz, it would be one of those hospital paper hats....... They do make brilliant hides BTW.
That is an old piccy now, well over a year, a lot has changed, including house move. I shall have to update.
Taz Devil Posted - 05/10/2010 : 15:05:45
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Got a wide angle view of some of mine at the moment:

Is that a hospital issue puke bowl you have as a hide???
boogles Posted - 04/10/2010 : 23:23:19

faun with heat mat and mat stat.... on polystyrene base...

here is BUZZ...

Kellog Posted - 03/10/2010 : 02:46:42
CSN - Great setup for Karma....is she in it now and have you done more to it (added extra greenery etc)?

Mikey - Love some of the things you have in TaLuLa's viv. Great looking tree stump and does she use the ladder at all? (although it doesnt get her anywhere so it much be very frustrating ) I know pics can be deceiving but my only comment would be that it seems very bare in the front between the hides....have you thought about a branch or vines to go across? Just a suggestion.

Mowdid - Amber's tank is looking great and it is good to see a fishtank that has been successfully altered into a viv. The white branches and aspen look stunning in comparison with the greenery and brown hides. Looks like she has a lovely lot of cover in it and obviously enjoys climbing (whoever said corns werent arboreal !). Its sweet seeing her hiding up there, especially as you didnt realise it when you took the pic!

xxx
mowdid Posted - 03/10/2010 : 00:36:19
Hi guys

After cleaning Ambers tank out today i took a couple of pics to post on here

It used to be a 24x18x12 Fish Tank (my sister didnt want any more after she sold her turtles)
we will be changing it for a 3ft viv once amber is a bit bigger/older

I didnt realise when i took this photo that she was sitting in the top of the plant

mikeyd_26 Posted - 11/08/2010 : 16:46:28
Just moved TaLuLa from her faun to her new viv

CSN Posted - 01/08/2010 : 21:18:58
This is my setup

lee2308 Posted - 30/07/2010 : 22:23:52
quote:
Originally posted by Zincubus

Also I couldn't see any way of adjusting the heat mat so presuambly it's just a preset temp and snakey decides wether stay in the warmer bit of the cooler section .

Correct ??

Its a Exo Terra Heat Wave Rainforest heat pad . Just for glass vivariums I understand. It sticks on the outside of the tank on the base . It's covered with an inch of beech chip substrate .

i take it your not using a thermostat to control the mat temps which is very very dangerous and you will end up burning your snake,there is no need to have that much substrate over the heat as it will struggle to get hot enough,you just need a thin layer as the mats on the out side.Im surprised the bottom of your glass tank has not cracked yet through the heat,i would rather go for a plastic faunarium

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000