The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 sealant

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chequers Posted - 27/02/2015 : 20:24:51
Hi all

I'm in the process of setting up Loki's move from faun into a 2ft viv (intermediate step to big viv). I've used aquarium sealant to keep heatmat and vents in place but how long do I need to leave it before Loki can move in. I only ask because I did it all on Monday and left it for 24 hours before putting the glass back in. I thought nothing of it until a couple of days later I opened the doors and there was a distinct smell of sealant.

Also what's the best way to secure decorations that are likely to get knocked over eg my son has bought a mini rainbow ornament for his snake but she'll knock it over if she goes over it as she's quite big now.

All advice greatly appreciated
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Charles Posted - 07/03/2015 : 22:51:19
I got mine from hobbycraft. About a tenner
Donnie Posted - 04/03/2015 : 19:05:41
I got mine at b & q and I don't remember how much it was but i think it was about £12-£14
chequers Posted - 04/03/2015 : 09:34:35
thanks Donnie. I left it open for a couple of days and it seemed fine so Loki is now in his new viv and loving it
I don't have a hot glue gun - are they expensive? Presumably I'd need to go to a DIY shop to find one?
Donnie Posted - 27/02/2015 : 21:34:55
I would leave the glass out until the smell has gone but as it has been five days or so it should be about done by now. If you have a hot glue gun that works well for fixing things down.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000