New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  21:07:18  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Ok guys and gals.... finally finished my viv today after doing some shopping for decor and this is it.... your comments will be very welcome.

1st stage was cutting all the contiboard and drilling the thousands of holes in it for all my secret fixings! 7 pieces in total.

I also had to build this little shelf unit to fill the space next to my office cupboard, should come in handy.

Fully assembled........ Bet your wondering about the cutout in the bottom rail aren't you? All will be revealed!

This pic show the fixings I used again. The ones to fix the back and top are obviously on the back of the viv.

I know lighting isn't needed for corns but I wanted it and I'm having it.

With the substrate in and a couple of silk plants. I have a tip here too. Don't buy expensive 'reptile' plants. I got all mine from a local garden centre. They have a huge range of silk plants and they're quite cheap compared to the branded products sold for vivs. Also the thermometer recessed into the front is a fridge/freezer unit bought on ebay. Has a over/under temperature alarm too and the probes are on 1 metre wires.

The finished product, I was quite pleased with the results. The thermostat and thermometer probes are under the cork hides on top of the hemp either end of the viv.

I also have a blue LED light for at night. It's nowhere near this bright, I turned up the voltage for the pic. It's just a very dim blue glow so I can see the snake at night.

The heatmat is connected to a pulse proportional stat with night time temperature drop controlled automatically. It's wired into a photocell unit I have in the window that automatically controls the day and night lighting too.

Finally, the corn I have my eye on in the local shop is almost exactly the same as this one. Maybe a little larger at about 5 months old.

You can see why I'm tempted, cant you?

Ok, sorry for so many pics but I am really quite pleased with how it came out.

Bud

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000