Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

columadboi
Egg

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  10:31:45  Show Profile
hello,
i posted earlia in feb about the possiblity of my corn snakes breeding and everyone said it would be a good idea to take the female out which i did and she hasent fed for 3-4 weeks, the other day i decided to put her back to see if it was feeling a bit loney so i put the female back with the male.

yesterday i came home to find that the female has laid 16 eggs which is her first batch (according to what i have read thats quite a few for a first batch.

i have put them in an icecream tub with air holes and damp moss.
i today went out and brought a thermostat and set it up so its at 27c.

is there any other advice you can give me please or am i almost correct?

thank you for you time and help in advance.
regards marcus

im a snake acholic :D

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  10:41:43  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
hey mate. your in the same situation as me as i am using house hold items to incubate the eggs so ill tell you what i have been told. check the moss once a week if it dryed up use a pipette or summat to dampen the moss but dont wet the eggs. also the main thing not to do is turn or rotate the eggs as you will kill the snake instantly. that is what i have been told but no doubt some ppl on here will give you more and better info. hope it helps for now tho
Go to Top of Page

columadboi
Egg

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  09:44:50  Show Profile
where do i put the sensor for the thermostat?
on the mat (got advised to by shop) or in the moss or in the ice cream tub?

im a snake acholic :D
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  10:13:17  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
thats one thing i cant help you with. im basing it off the thermostat in my viv but i dont know if i should. there are experts on here who will tell you everything
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

65 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  21:03:15  Show Profile
Hi my corn is ready to lay any day now and iv asked a few people including a local breeder and iv been advised to put the stat sensor in the box with the eggs aswello as a digital thermometer which iv done and over the last 5 days its maintained 83.5f to 84.9f i have mine in a poly box but id say if i were you id do the same thing put it in the box

Rick
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  22:06:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
sorry folks not been on here for a few days, yes the probe want to be inside the tub, laid on or just settled into the substrate - so it's reading the temperature where the eggs are.

for me, this year's eggs are in a plastic tub half buried in the damp vermiculite in the bottom and covered with damp sphagnum moss to maintain the humidity. the plastic tub is on a heatmat (on a pulse stat) in a poly box with a few holes punched through the lid for ventilation. the probe is half buried in the verm (like the eggs) along with the probe for the thermometer and the stat is set to about 28*C
will take and post pics when i can

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000