not a happy bunny, had to kill my chile rose
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  19:06:55  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
my very first spider, the quiet one that i had least maintenance issues and less problems with for the nearly 3 years i have had her had caught a nematode infection in her mouth which is highly contagious and incurable.
i was told by my local arachnid club chairman to put her in the freezer to kill her and the infection and to sterlize her tank or chuck it away which i done, i also panicked and cleaned out my mexican red red knee whos tank was directly underneath hers. my other tarantulas are right over the other side of my room so they shouldnt have become infected but they would have done if i had left it any longer.
it is such ashame though, i knew my chile rose hadnt been 100 % right since september when she moulted ok but when she recovered she never ever did have a great appetite which any tarantula should have after a moult recovery to regain their abdomen size and weight, she must have ate about 5 times since her moult last september which is very bad.
the last week or so shes just been hunching in the corner of her tank. tonight i picked her up and checked her mouth and much to what i didnt want to see i see. loads of white fluid coming from her mouth.
such ashame though, shes always been the quiet one hardly any problems what so ever and then boom!!! bloody parasites

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:09:40  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Damn, that sucks man.
Any idea how she caught the infection?

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  21:37:15  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
awww. Ive never really been extremely fond of tarantulas, but i can understand how you must feel and im sorry...

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  22:09:49  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
awww i feel really sorry for you. i know how you feel i had to freeze my fav pinktoe last year due to a parasite (vets orders). i hate it when a spider dies

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  23:44:36  Show Profile
aww, so sorry for your loss..thats very sad

i had a Chile Rose and they are great spiders...

hope your red knee will be ok...

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  12:59:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by nova1990

i had to freeze my fav pinktoe last year due to a parasite (vets orders).
is that the most humane way to deal with them? (i've no experience of inverts)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2009 :  17:46:39  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
thanks for the comments everyone. Gingerpony- theres not alot i dont think any vet can do for a spider or any invert for tht matter as they are so alien like to our understanding.

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000