Tenodera aridifolia sinensis
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  21:54:03  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Otherwise known as Chinese Mantis

Just picked up 5 of these little beauties :D

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  22:35:24  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
awww cute. I wanna get some stick insects! Concidering I have a 18x18" terranium lying around

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  16:28:54  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Some more photos

Thanks guys.

Couple more photo

Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  20:40:49  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
awsome

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  11:52:51  Show Profile
Dude when me and rose get our guest house set up in Mindanao (south philippines) you'll have to come visit. The wildlife is stunning with an amazing variety of snakes, reps, anphibs and insects most of them right on the door step. You would be suprised what pops in to say hello and every house has its resident tiki's (geckos) and most have a resident tokay gecko too!

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  12:19:03  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Wow, That sounds pretty amazing!
I love keeping these animals at home but nothing beats seeing them in the wild IMO.

Just had a quick google, Looks like theres some niiiiice animals in the Philippines!

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  12:25:57  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
i see a 75p tesco faun there dan lol. mate what camera do you have coz your pics are awesome
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  12:35:45  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

i see a 75p tesco faun there dan lol. mate what camera do you have coz your pics are awesome

haha, yes Just wish I got more than 2 now.
I have a fujifinepix s5700
Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  14:37:20  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
My favorite thing about preying mantids is the way they eat...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  14:39:50  Show Profile
quote:

Just had a quick google, Looks like theres some niiiiice animals in the Philippines!

Yup and the ladies are pretty cute too!! So much so I married one hahahahah
Our retirement plan is we've got a couple of hectares of coconut and bannana plantatation and we plan to build a small guest house and wooden cabanas on a small part of it for people who like vacations/trekking off the beaten track and of course wildlife!
the idea is to educate and protect the local wildlife and provide some custom for the locals. Its a few years away yet but it will happen.

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2009 :  14:50:32  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by widey

quote:

Yup and the ladies are pretty cute too!! So much so I married one hahahahah
Our retirement plan is we've got a couple of hectares of coconut and bannana plantatation and we plan to build a small guest house and wooden cabanas on a small part of it for people who like vacations/trekking off the beaten track and of course wildlife!
the idea is to educate and protect the local wildlife and provide some custom for the locals. Its a few years away yet but it will happen.

haha
Sounds amazing!
Really awesome thing to do, I hope it goes well for you both

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000