Few questions.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  01:32:06  Show Profile
so i`m prob just being para but my new snake keeps climbing up to the top of my backdrop(not sure if thats what its called) and squeezing behing it so i blocked the part she squeezes through with tissue so now she seems to like to rest along the top of it but i have a feeling she falls off it, the tank is only 45x45x45 cm but could she injure herself by repeatedly falling off?

also she is being fed pinkies but they are swallowed relativelt easy and there is no visible lump afterwards, should i think of going for a size up or maybe next feed give her two if she`ll take both, remebering she is pretty young

is 80 degrees a good temp to leave her at before i go to bed?
it is 90 during the day with the light on.

thanks in advance,

also check my pics on the pics section and comment :)

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  08:43:48  Show Profile
1. Corns like climbing and will do so using anything in their viv- even grooves in the wall. They are proficient climbers and will rarely fall. The main reason for falls is climbing equipment not being properly secured. As your viv isnt too high I doubt she would injure herself by tumbling off the background. If you are worried provide a sturdy branch for her climbing needs and secure it well.

2. How big and old is your snake? If she is still restless after a feed and seems to be still looking for food, she may well need more. Try 2 pinkies if thats what she is on, but depending on size try a small fuzzy.

3. I don't work in farenheit but a small temp drop at night is fine as it simulates the natural environment. Just make sure it isnt too cool as your snake needs to thermoregulate to stay healthy and digest food.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  10:15:08  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
a temp drop of about 2*C is fine, if you're running a heat lamp it might be better to run a heatmat over night so it doesn't get too cold, particularly in the winter when the ambient temp will be much cooler.

what was shefeding on before you bought her? did the vendor give you a feeding record?

as for getting up high in tight spaces that's pretty normal, providing she has alternative hides provided at groud level, which should be private and a snug fit and one at each end of the viv

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  18:31:39  Show Profile
My one always rests on the top of the background, it is his favourite place. Dont know what he is going to do when he gets to big.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000