Which Thermostat?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  11:51:32  Show Profile
Hi, im just about to purchase a new thermostat and was wondering what Habistat thermostat would be best/most suitable? Im looking at the Habistat heat mat stat at the moment, but i've heard other people saying they use Pulse proportion ones? Whats the difference?

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  12:34:38  Show Profile
i think the pulses are more acurate, but matstats are cheaper and keep within 2*c, at least mine do

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  13:51:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
depends how much you want to spend really, an on/off matstat will be fine and is the cheapest option but if you want to spend more i can highly recommend pulses too. the one i wouldn't bother with is Habistat's Temperature Thermostat, it's just an on/off but can handle 300w - unlikely to be needed for a corn's set-up

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  14:09:49  Show Profile
cool thanks, i'll start shopping around now then for prices. What kind of prices would be reasonable for the pulse stat? Can you recommend any good online reptile stores? Whilst im there i can look at buying the rest of the setup for my new baby (which hopefully im getting in a few weeks, so excited!!) I want to get it all set up for her before i go to get her. As this will be my second corn i want to be better prepared than i was when i got Cherry.

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  16:35:30  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
I have the Habistat Pulse Proportional Stat running a 20W mat and my warm end temps fluctuate less than +/- 1°C.

I bought mine on ebay for a very good price. I wasn't bothered about problematic returns with ebay because Habistats customer service record is supposedly superb. Hope I never have to call em though!

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  17:35:48  Show Profile
I also have a Habistat Pulse proportional stat running a 20w mat and it stays within 0.3 of a degree. Also got mine from ebay.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  20:01:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i have a pulse running my incubator (now hatchlings heatmat) and the big mat in the 4ft viv, and another pulse running Marilyn's reptile radiator and Dumbo's mat. the other vivs are all running off a temp stat (on/off with a 300w max load)
takes a bit of balancing out though!!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000