Strike
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  12:15:09  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address
Ok so i fed skittles two mice yesterday, the second had lots of blood round its nose and he struck at it IT WAS SOO COOL. BUT then he wanted a third one, i think he did anyway because he was veryyy active and kept trying to bite my finger whilst i was puttiing water in his viv. Should I have fed him a third one and is this normal or is he just a greedy fatty? And at what age aprox should a snake strike because this is the first time he has and he is now almost 2years old or is each snake different?

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  19:57:27  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
my first corn struck when it was a few months old. so im assuming it depends on the snake. i feed mine 3 sometimes but i wouldnt reccomend it every feed
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  20:27:25  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
corns will eat and eat so its down to you as the owner to decide weather the snake is full or not. rather than feed 3 pray items maybe move up a size

Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  21:02:35  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address
i might move up yeh, he has 6 more small mice left so i will move him up when they are finished and see what happens.

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2009 :  06:06:58  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
I've noticed differences between the types to. Dusk, my normal began striking as soon as he hit fuzzies but Dawn my snow stripe hardly strikes at all and certainly doesn't constrict.
I think it may have something to do with the breeding perhaps.

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000